Old January 9th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Good antenna information.

After a 16 month delay I had a chance to go by the University's library
today and
I looked up Burhans""Radio Elecronics" February 1983 Burhans"VLF Active
Antenna"
piece.

I found parts one and two on line ,but parts 3 through 5 were additonal
goldmines.

April 1983 Constructino with charts for fine tunning respsone.
May 1983 Passive Tuner.
June 1983 Loop Construction and ideas on tuning. Shows a better way
to test a loop antenna.

An unexpected bonus was found in the December 1983 with a "Notch MW/BCB

traps for the SWL". A much different fitler design then commonly used.

July 1983 had a very interesting piece on using Loran C at 100KHz to
calibrate a
1MHZ refference.

The magazine was on microfilm and their printer was down so I am going
back with
a high resolution digtial camera and I hope to get useable pix.

If anyone has access to the paper copies they would be well served to
at least read
this great refferences,. Ralph Burhans understood antennas better then
99% of the
"real RF engineers out there. I only whish I had realy bothered to read
and study the
designs when they weer origninallly published!

RHF if you are interested, if this works I will create and post a short
term
hotmail account where I can send you the pix for your SW antenna
group.
Be early next month at the soonest.

Terry