RadioBanter

-   -   Eton E1 Recall (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/86266-eton-e1-recall.html)

dxAce January 12th 06 07:52 PM

Eton E1 Recall

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...01recallH.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Michael Lawson January 12th 06 08:12 PM

Eton E1 Recall

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...01recallH.html

Now that's something the Sat 800 never had.

--Mike L.

MnMikew January 12th 06 08:30 PM

Eton E1 Recall

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...01recallH.html

Now that's something the Sat 800 never had.

--Mike L.

A fixed radio and a free FR200 to boot. Not bad.

RHF January 13th 06 09:05 AM

Eton E1 Recall

Please Note - This Sale is OVER {CLOSED/ENDED}

Wednesday Special at JC Penny OnLine - E1 for $349

= = = In ,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E...o/message/2410
= = = "Lee H. Badman" b*dm*n@l**... wrote:

Pretty sweet deal- says for today 1/11/06 only!

Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Receiver
with 'optional' XM Satellite Radio
JC PENNEY = http://tinyurl.com/72txd
* XM Satellit-ready Shortwave Radio
* Eton XM satellite-ready AM/FM shortwave radio
offers the latest technology at an incredible price.
* Synchronous Detector & Passband powered
* Digital PLL synthesized tuning
* Programmable memory
* Large, easy-to-read LCD

e1'ing you all ~ RHF

.. . .
..
. .
..
.. . . Out !

James Douglas January 13th 06 12:35 PM

Eton E1 Recall

dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...01recallH.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Well that sucks for them. The quality was something they wanted to
have very high for the product, 2395 units effected? Did they have
a new guy one the line for a week, doing about 60 radios a day? I
wonder the total number of E1's sold to date?

Heh, if anyone is effected and sends in their radio put some type
of mark on it where only you would know where it is, see you if get
the same radio back. Does anyone know if Eton has technical dept
here in the states or does it go back to India?

I am going to wait another 6 months till I get one, better quality
and the price should be down some.

[email protected] January 13th 06 02:58 PM

Eton E1 Recall

For those who are royally ****ed off about this, you might want to
consider the following:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0321.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0330.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0175.html

David January 13th 06 03:56 PM

Eton E1 Recall

On 13 Jan 2006 06:58:11 -0800, wrote:

For those who are royally ****ed off about this, you might want to
consider the following:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0321.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0330.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0175.html

Eek. The E1XM is a happier radio than any of those.

[email protected] January 13th 06 04:09 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Yes, and "happiness" certainly comes at a price, doesn't it? A monthly
subscription, no less.

[email protected] January 13th 06 04:17 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Kepner-Tregoe Problem Analysis says something changed in the production
line in India.

Either with the parts or with the personnel or with the procedure. It
is usually a person.
We had a problem here at work with a valve traceable to a supplier who
had an untrained summer student for about a month who did not get
trained on a small critical detail.

This is typical KT Problem Analysis, look for what changed on the the
Time Line for this radio production

Paul

[email protected] January 13th 06 04:31 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Ordinarily I wouldn't blink an eye over something like this. Recalls
happen. They're a fact of life for all manufacturers. However, Eton's
case is different. How many false production deadlines did they
announce to their customers and the general public? Was anyone even
able to keep track? If you're going to jerk your customers around in
such a brazen way for close to a freaking decade, then quality control
had better be A-OK when the product finally reaches the customer. So
far as I can tell, Eton doesn't have one whit of respect for its
customers, which is also probably why it resorts to silly tricks like
E1 to sell more radios to the untutored buyer.

John S. January 13th 06 04:36 PM

Eton E1 Recall

wrote:
Kepner-Tregoe Problem Analysis says something changed in the production
line in India.

Common sense will tell you the same thing at considerably lower cost.
Either a bad batch of components (high on the list) or a change in
manufacturing process ( much lower but possible).

Either with the parts or with the personnel or with the procedure. It
is usually a person.
We had a problem here at work with a valve traceable to a supplier who
had an untrained summer student for about a month who did not get
trained on a small critical detail.

This is typical KT Problem Analysis, look for what changed on the the
Time Line for this radio production

That is old wine in new bottles. It was seen previously as TQM, QA and
all the other acronyms consultants made millions from.

Paul

[email protected] January 13th 06 04:44 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Seeeee,I told y'all aboot them Stupid E1's a longgg time ago.(why dont
y'all listen to auld Hansom Larry? Ladies,, I
need to get some of my emails out of there first if y'all ladies want to
flirt with me) Flatly speaking,I still sayyyy,,, too much money for the
amount of bread.And,I will never buy an E1 unless one shows up at the
Goodwill thrift store for two dollars.Sheesh,they dont even put an AM
Antenna in them Stupid E1's! y'all can have them! It's like buying a
Motorscooter with a blown engyne.LQQK,them E1's are NOT worth the money!
cuhulin

wavetrapper January 13th 06 04:54 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Well, I think we should give Eton a little credit here. (1) They
fessed up to a problem [they did not do so with the Sat800] and (2)
they are offering make the owners whole plus provide a "premium" for
the inconvenience.

They learned from last time, so that's good.

CCRadio owners with the failing display problem would have liked
similar treatment.

They do have a lot to learn, however, about creating false expectations
with those availability dates. They'd be much better to overshoot the
date by a lot and then be hero's when the radio becomes available
"ahead of time." All those missed dates did become comical.

I hope they succeed as a company. Not many sw mfgrs remaining.

[email protected] January 13th 06 05:21 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Sangean radios? Dont forget,I did once buy two of those Sangean ccrane
radios.The first one was the AM/FM/Weather Band/a couple of tv channels
(I am watching 007 shaken not stirred Live and Let Die James Bond movie
on my Radio tv right now,well,sort of anyway) that Stupid Art Bell and
Stupid George Noory sometimes tout on C to C (Art Bell and George Noory
really ARE STUPID!,THE LQQK STUPID TOO!) and I sent that Sangean piece
of Crap BACK to Fortuna,California and then I bought and tried out a
Stupid plastic Sangean ATS (or whatever they call it) 909 so-called
Stupid plastic piece of Crap radio from Stupid ccrane.I sent that Stupid
piece of plastic JUNK! BACK to Fortuna,California too.Please,do not
deign to sell me a Stupid radio!
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 05:22 PM

Eton E1 Recall

SCREW!!! ccrane!!!!
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 05:25 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Do NOT buy any Sangean radios.You WILL get Gyped BIG TIME!
cuhulin

David January 13th 06 05:35 PM

Eton E1 Recall

On 13 Jan 2006 08:17:10 -0800, wrote:

Kepner-Tregoe Problem Analysis says something changed in the production
line in India.

Either with the parts or with the personnel or with the procedure. It
is usually a person.
We had a problem here at work with a valve traceable to a supplier who
had an untrained summer student for about a month who did not get
trained on a small critical detail.

This is typical KT Problem Analysis, look for what changed on the the
Time Line for this radio production

Paul

Is that anything like Six Sigma?

I vote for the wrong Zener Diode.

David January 13th 06 05:35 PM

Eton E1 Recall

On 13 Jan 2006 08:31:35 -0800, wrote:

Ordinarily I wouldn't blink an eye over something like this. Recalls
happen. They're a fact of life for all manufacturers. However, Eton's
case is different. How many false production deadlines did they
announce to their customers and the general public? Was anyone even
able to keep track? If you're going to jerk your customers around in
such a brazen way for close to a freaking decade, then quality control
had better be A-OK when the product finally reaches the customer. So
far as I can tell, Eton doesn't have one whit of respect for its
customers, which is also probably why it resorts to silly tricks like
E1 to sell more radios to the untutored buyer.

Are you an America hater? At least it ain't a dog-eating Jap company.

Jim Hackett January 13th 06 06:09 PM

Eton E1 Recall

The ONLY reason the radio is being recalled is because it's MUCH cheaper to
fix the radio than to have to pay MILLIONS to people for burning their house
to the ground...

ups.com...

junius January 13th 06 06:25 PM

Eton E1 Recall

If you're going to jerk your customers around in
such a brazen way for close to a freaking decade

Yeah, I guess we first saw the Satellit 900 ads in, what?, the '96
Passport to World Band Radio? Then, nothing! I think that a lot of us
had simply stopped thinkin' about the '900 until The Shortwave Store in
Canada in 2000 or 2001 posted something about the forthcoming release
of the '900.

The real buffoonery began in late 2002 when we started seeing pictures
of the E1 in the couple of months preceding CES 2003. It was from
there that things really degenerated with multiple, multiple missed
release targets.

Of course, the '900 as designed by Grundig never saw the light of day:

http://www.satellit700.com/900/900all.html
http://www.satellit700.com/900/900lcd.html
http://www.satellit700.com/900/900label.html

The E1 is an entirely different radio altogether.

junius January 13th 06 06:30 PM

Eton E1 Recall

wrote:
For those who are royally ****ed off about this, you might want to
consider the following:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0321.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0330.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0175.html

Some nice radios, but I'd say the E1 occupies a niche quite distinct
from any of these. If I didn't have an SW8, however, I would likely
make the plunge for one of those Palstar units.

junius

D Peter Maus January 13th 06 06:47 PM

Eton E1 Recall

wavetrapper wrote:
Well, I think we should give Eton a little credit here. (1) They
fessed up to a problem [they did not do so with the Sat800] and (2)
they are offering make the owners whole plus provide a "premium" for
the inconvenience.

The case of Sat800 was different than the E1 recall, in that Sat 800
issues were matters of inconsistent quality, with a number of technical
bugs that were worked out on the refurb table.

The matter of E1 is a safety issue. And one that occurs with
increasing frequency across many electronic lines as battery technology
and chemistry changes. I just got a new battery in the mail, unbidden,
btw, from Delphi for my MyFi. Seems that the original battery, too, has
a bit of an overheating problem, related to a series of batteries
manufactured in China.

A similar recall was issued by Nikon for my DSLR battery, which was
also a short run Chinese issue. Overheating and potential damage or
injury, again, the case. In both cases, replacement of the battery, made
in India was the solution.

A recall for Sat 800 would have made no sense. Whereas in the case of
E1, a recall forestalls a number of potentially larger problems.

[email protected] January 13th 06 06:48 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Metinks she was doin six or more with that big male dog.But,y'all know
how crazy them wimmins are,nowdays.Which reminds me,maybe I need to go
to me FlowerinThWater webtv thangy and cuss out that divorced woman (she
likes it) in Petal,Mississippi again?
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 06:49 PM

Eton E1 Recall

zener diodes can get your scooters running again.
cuhulin

rkhalona January 13th 06 06:55 PM

Eton E1 Recall

The E1 seems to be an SW8 in a *Grundig* Sat900 case plus XM added.

RK

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:08 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Then it should stop using gimmicks like XM.

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:12 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Your Eton,,, their Etons,,, y'all go play with your ownnnnn Etons!
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:16 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Etons,,, bunch of Worthless pieces of Crap! My old Goodwill thrift store
beat up auld Radios are Much Better than Eton can ever put out!
Made in India pieces of S..T!!!!!
cuhulin

RHF January 13th 06 07:18 PM

Eton E1 Recall

John S - Thanks for the Millions ! ~ RHF
{ Still Running Around In Quality Circles :o}

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:19 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Dont Forget,, I am Larry,and I KNOW what I am talkin aboot.
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:22 PM

Eton E1 Recall

E1's are pieces of S..t!
cuhulin

RHF January 13th 06 07:25 PM

(OT) : DaviD - Once Again 'you' treat us to more Enlightened Liberalism !

DaviD - "dog-eating Jap company."

DaviD - Once Again 'you' treat us to more Enlightened Liberalism !
{Liberal Bias and Left-Wing Bigotry}

DaviD - 'you' make such a Great 'little' Spokes Person
for the Democrat Party of the USA ! ~ RHF

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:34 PM

Eton E1 Recall

The ONLY reason E1's are being recalled is because they are no good
pieces of S..t!
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:37 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Just dont jerk me.The Living Daylights flick 007 shaken not stirred
movie is just now crankin up on my Radio tv right now.
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:39 PM

Eton E1 Recall

I wouldn't have a satelite anything unless you sold it to me for two
dollars.
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:40 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Danceeeee into the Fireeeee,,,,,,,
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:41 PM

Eton E1 Recall

Bratslaca,Checko,,,,,,,,
007
cuhulin

[email protected] January 13th 06 07:43 PM

(OT) : DaviD - Once Again 'you' treat us to more EnlightenedLi...

Dont Forget,,, I am always Right.
cuhulin

David January 13th 06 07:48 PM

(OT) : DaviD - Once Again 'you' treat us to more Enlightened Liberalism !

On 13 Jan 2006 11:25:18 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD - "dog-eating Jap company."

DaviD - Once Again 'you' treat us to more Enlightened Liberalism !
{Liberal Bias and Left-Wing Bigotry}

DaviD - 'you' make such a Great 'little' Spokes Person
for the Democrat Party of the USA ! ~ RHF
.
.

Neither a Democratic nor a Liberal, Flanders.

I am a pragmatic anarchist.

David January 13th 06 07:48 PM

wrote:

DaviD - "dog-eating Jap company."

DaviD - Once Again 'you' treat us to more Enlightened Liberalism !
{Liberal Bias and Left-Wing Bigotry}

DaviD - 'you' make such a Great 'little' Spokes Person
for the Democrat Party of the USA ! ~ RHF
.
.
. .
.