Old February 1st 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MnMikew

Default Why is 'Talk Radio' So Conservative?

"Al Dykes" wrote in message
In article ,
Torunda de Algodon wrote:
(Al Dykes) wrote in :

Al Franken wants Bush assassinated

No, it was Randi Rhodes

And it didn't Happen. It was Drudge that put this spin on it.

Talk about spin.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=44014

Old February 1st 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Al Dykes

In article , MnMikew wrote:

"Al Dykes" wrote in message
In article ,
Torunda de Algodon wrote:
(Al Dykes) wrote in :

Al Franken wants Bush assassinated

No, it was Randi Rhodes

And it didn't Happen. It was Drudge that put this spin on it.

Talk about spin.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=44014

How does that WND article differ from what I said?

The SS didn't get involved. No elected official was named.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
Old February 1st 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MnMikew

"Al Dykes" wrote in message
In article , MnMikew

wrote:

"Al Dykes" wrote in message
In article ,
Torunda de Algodon wrote:
(Al Dykes) wrote in

:

Al Franken wants Bush assassinated

No, it was Randi Rhodes

And it didn't Happen. It was Drudge that put this spin on it.

Talk about spin.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=44014

Bush was implied.

A spoiled child is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he
is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp:
[audio sound of four gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little *******.
[audio of gun being cocked]."

Rhodes has about as much class as the Democrats did last night during the
SOTU. Talk about spoiled brats.

Old February 1st 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

John S. wrote:

Torinda de Algodon wrote:
wrote in news:12219-4379758A-1071@storefull-
3257.bay.webtv.net:

www.humaneventsonline.com

All of the talk radio shows around here are conservative.
cuhulin

Liberal mainstream media is dedicated to abortion, atheism, and sodomy.
This results in a large audience of conservatives who want an alternative.
Conservative talk radio fills that need while the liberals are content
with the mass media fare and don't need an alternative such as Air America.

Why is talk radio so conservative you ask?

Well, maybe the conservatives are trying to play catchup with their
wildly successful liberal competition on NPR. Conservatives have been
unable to create a single network that can provide the quality of
programming and informative news that is available on NPR. Indeed the
polished presentation skills of NPR talk show hosts far outshines the
usual strident delivery of most conservative talk show personalities.
Consequently conservatives have decided to flood the AM airwaves with
ranting personalities like Rush Limbaugh spouting extremist gibberish
for hours on end.

Touche! Besides, without large numbers of conservative talk show
hosts, AM radio would have DIED an unholy death 20 years ago. All these
extremist ranting far right talk show hosts have kept AM radio in the US
from utter extinction. They're literally its bread and butter. The only
other significant formats on AM are evangelical preaching and Spanish
language formats meant for Mexicans who may not have cars with FM
radios, or who may not be familiar with FM (FM's limited distance makes
it impractical outside of major cities, and Latin America has a large
amount of sparsely populated jungle and desert). In major cities AM also
provides a home for other languages such as Asian tongues where there is
a demand for native language programming but the community doesn't have
a lot of money. AM provides cheap airtime. Outside of a) right wing
ranters b) preachers and c) foreign languages there is NOTHING on AM.
All the music is on FM, and satellite radio is just beginning to cut
into FM listenership. So basically, if you buy an old radio on Ebay and
it doesn't have FM and you need to test it out the right wing provides a
way to do that.

Old February 1st 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

John S. wrote:
Well, maybe the conservatives are trying to play catchup with their
wildly successful liberal competition on NPR.

If NMPR is so successful, why is it that they need government funding for
100% of their operation? Contrast that to conservative talk radio, which
barely has enough time to fit in all the interested advertisers.

Old February 2nd 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

y'all like Spanish "music" blaring out wideeeee open from all of the
stores in your cities? Ever been to Mexico before? I have.Heck,the
Vietnamese are more decent than the Mexicans! Hey,I did my year in 1964
in Vietnam.(I talk Ho Chi Minh you number ten thousand,Mope Mope Mope)
[I talk Daiwi Don you VC,Cyclo Slim] (NOOOOO,,,, Mope Mope Mope,I no
VC!)
www.vietvet.org
cuhulin

Old February 2nd 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:48:20 -0600, clifto wrote:

John S. wrote:
Well, maybe the conservatives are trying to play catchup with their
wildly successful liberal competition on NPR.

If NMPR is so successful, why is it that they need government funding for
100% of their operation? Contrast that to conservative talk radio, which
barely has enough time to fit in all the interested advertisers.

The government provides way less than half of NPR funding.

Old February 2nd 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Is the Thistle and the Shamrock thingy still on NPR on Saturday
evenings?
cuhulin

Old February 2nd 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:55:25 -0600, wrote:

y'all like Spanish "music" blaring out wideeeee open from all of the
stores in your cities? Ever been to Mexico before? I have.Heck,the
Vietnamese are more decent than the Mexicans! Hey,I did my year in 1964
in Vietnam.(I talk Ho Chi Minh you number ten thousand,Mope Mope Mope)
[I talk Daiwi Don you VC,Cyclo Slim] (NOOOOO,,,, Mope Mope Mope,I no
VC!)
www.vietvet.org
cuhulin

I've spent my entire adult life along I-10 between Houston and L. A.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Old February 2nd 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Oh yes,I do know what I am talking about too.
cuhulin

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews Broadcasting 0 June 26th 04 01:42 AM