Old January 29th 06, 07:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AM Number stations on big-power SW broadcaster slots

Heard a spanish-language (female synth voice) AM number station at
5745kHz tonight, 0700 UTC, competing with Radio Taiwan. My
understanding is that Radio Taiwan is coming out of Okochobee FL.
Frequency seems to be nearly exact, little to no beating.

Is this likely a jamming-through-numbers-station attempt? (OK, ignore
the philosophical issue of who is jamming who or who is carrying the
most useful information!). Neither by any stretch of the imagination
are weak broadcasts here in the Mid-atlantic US. I don't follow numbers
stations much anymore but most of the ones I hear are SSB now.

Oh, just heard the "finale" on the number station and they signed off
at 0713 UTC.

Old January 30th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I don't follow numbers stations much anymore
but most of the ones I hear are SSB now.

Now that I think about it, it's entirely possible that the numbers
station was SSB and the carrier from the Radio Taiwan let me demodulate
it in AM mode!

Tim.