Old February 3rd 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
http://www.lookaboutusa.com/

Default Gortons and Whaling

At
http://www.aussieseek.com

Gortons and Whaling
by Greenpeace 4:40pm Fri Feb 3 '06 (Modified on 7:19pm Fri Feb 3 '06)
article#64873

Greenpeace, along with Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) and the
Humane Society, revealed the link between the whaling in the Southern
Ocean and Gortons. We revealed that the Japanese parent company that
wholly owns Gortons, Nippon Suissan, also partly owns the whaling fleet
whose boats depart every year to hunt whales in Antarctica.

Gortons and Whaling Today

This year the Japanese whaling fleet plans to take 935 Minke whales and
50 each of the endangered fin and humpback whales. Greenpeace is
opposed to this senseless slaughter and is asking Gortons and Nissui to
use their influence over the whaling fleet to end the hunting.
What links Gortons and Whaling?

As the diagram shows Gortons is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nippon
Suisan Kaisha. Nippon Suisan Kaisha also holds 30% of a company called
Kodo Senpaku, which owns the Japanese Whaling Fleet. It is important to
realise that there is only one Japanese whaling fleet, the fleet is not
one of many, or part of a large industry, it is the single commercial
whaling fleet hunting in the Southern oceans and if we can stop it, the
whales will be saved. It's as easy as that.

Gortons and Whaling, The Future

It is our hope that the management of Gortons can put pressure on
Nissui Suissan Kaisha, and that they in turn will put pressure on the
whalers, Kodo Senpaku, convincing them to put the fleet to better uses.
What might those better uses be?

Well we know that whale watching has proved a lucrative industry in
many parts of the world, far more profitable than the loss-making
business of killing whales, freezing the meat and failing to sell it.
We'd suggest that the whaling fleet devote itself to educating tourists
about whales, because as we and the whales know only too well, there's
no-one as good at spotting whales as the whaling fleet.
What can you do about Gortons and Whaling?

In the mean time you can help us. You can write to Gortons about
whaling, and ask them to live up to their reputation as a caring and
responsible family firm,and put pressure on their owners and the
whalers to change their business.

If you have a website or weblog you could also add this banner to your
site to help us spread the word about Gortons and Whaling. Just enter
the HTML below into your site to display the banner.

Go to: http://www.greenpeace.org/internatio...ns-and-whaling

oceans.greenpeace.org/

Old February 3rd 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

"http://www.lookaboutusa.com/" wrote:

[BS snipped]

I always trust the Gorton's fisherman.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 3rd 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

http://www.lookaboutusa.com/ wrote:
At
http://www.aussieseek.com

Gortons and Whaling
by Greenpeace 4:40pm Fri Feb 3 '06 (Modified on 7:19pm Fri Feb 3 '06)
article#64873

Greenpeace, along with Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA)

You should note that the EIA is not a governmental agency despite it's
official sounding name.

and the
Humane Society, revealed the link between the whaling in the Southern
Ocean and Gortons.

Don't tell me that Gortons has been passing whale meat off as fish
sticks all these years.

We revealed that the Japanese parent company that
wholly owns Gortons, Nippon Suissan, also partly owns the whaling fleet
whose boats depart every year to hunt whales in Antarctica.

So what - It is quite common for corporations to own related
businesses.

Gortons and Whaling Today

This year the Japanese whaling fleet plans to take 935 Minke whales and
50 each of the endangered fin and humpback whales. Greenpeace is
opposed to this senseless slaughter and is asking Gortons and Nissui to
use their influence over the whaling fleet to end the hunting.
What links Gortons and Whaling?

OK, they are going to take whales this year - so what. The american
fishing industry takes huge amounts of fish also - I'm not sure I see
the problem.

Remainder snipped.

Old February 3rd 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 07:23:46 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

"http://www.lookaboutusa.com/" wrote:

[BS snipped]

I always trust the Gorton's fisherman.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Gorton's is like putting tartar sauce on a used kitchen sponge.
Terrible ****.

Old February 3rd 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 3 Feb 2006 05:26:37 -0800, "John S." wrote:

OK, they are going to take whales this year - so what. The american
fishing industry takes huge amounts of fish also - I'm not sure I see
the problem.

Surprise, surprise.

Whales are people too.

Old February 3rd 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

wrote:

"http://www.lookaboutusa.com/" wrote:

[BS snipped]

I always trust the Gorton's fisherman.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Gorton's is like putting tartar sauce on a used kitchen sponge.
Terrible ****.

Their frozen fish sticks are dreadful! A thick layer of gooey breading
covers some nondescript tasteless fish product.

Fish and chips properly done can be really tasty comfort food, but it
has to be done fresh It is all but impossible to create a digestible
breaded fish filet that has been frozen for months on end.

Old February 3rd 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

David wrote:
On 3 Feb 2006 05:26:37 -0800, "John S." wrote:

OK, they are going to take whales this year - so what. The american
fishing industry takes huge amounts of fish also - I'm not sure I see
the problem.

Surprise, surprise.

Whales are people too.

Yes, I know and Flipper is everybodies friend and Bambi and all of her
family is scampering harmlessly around in the forest.

Old February 3rd 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 3 Feb 2006 06:31:13 -0800, "John S." wrote:

David wrote:
On 3 Feb 2006 05:26:37 -0800, "John S." wrote:

OK, they are going to take whales this year - so what. The american
fishing industry takes huge amounts of fish also - I'm not sure I see
the problem.

Surprise, surprise.

Whales are people too.

Yes, I know and Flipper is everybodies friend and Bambi and all of her
family is scampering harmlessly around in the forest.

Deer and kind of like giant rats. We could learn from whales.

Old February 3rd 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

David wrote:
On 3 Feb 2006 05:26:37 -0800, "John S." wrote:

OK, they are going to take whales this year - so what. The american
fishing industry takes huge amounts of fish also - I'm not sure I see
the problem.

Surprise, surprise.

Whales are people too.

Yes, I know and Flipper is everybodies friend and Bambi and all of her
family is scampering harmlessly around in the forest.

Deer and kind of like giant rats. We could learn from whales.

Yes, deer are pretty much overgrown rodents. Although whales like
other animals have some intelligence I'm not sure what we could learn
from them.

Old February 3rd 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 3 Feb 2006 07:40:33 -0800, "John S." wrote:

Yes, deer are pretty much overgrown rodents. Although whales like
other animals have some intelligence I'm not sure what we could learn
from them.

Manners, if nothing else.