Old February 5th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default WWV and WWVH on 20MHz

I haven't picked up either WWV or WWVH for the last few months on 20MHz
but I was able to do it today.

At around 18:00 UTC today, which is 10:00 AM my time.

20 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.
15 MHz WWV strong and WWVH a little weaker.
10 MHz WWV and WWVH strong.
5 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.

I don't understand the 5 MHz result as I would expect that WWVH would
have been stronger at that time then WWV.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 5th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 21:58:43 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

I haven't picked up either WWV or WWVH for the last few months on 20MHz
but I was able to do it today.

At around 18:00 UTC today, which is 10:00 AM my time.

20 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.
15 MHz WWV strong and WWVH a little weaker.
10 MHz WWV and WWVH strong.
5 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.

I don't understand the 5 MHz result as I would expect that WWVH would
have been stronger at that time then WWV.

Nasty het, easily notched on thrusty R*B.

S9+20

34,-118

2339

Old February 6th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

I haven't picked up either WWV or WWVH for the last few months on 20MHz
but I was able to do it today.

At around 18:00 UTC today, which is 10:00 AM my time.

20 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.
15 MHz WWV strong and WWVH a little weaker.
10 MHz WWV and WWVH strong.
5 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.

I don't understand the 5 MHz result as I would expect that WWVH would
have been stronger at that time then WWV.

Now I feel like someone is playing a joke on me it's 04:40 UTC or 8:40
PM my time and the sun set hours ago and I'm still getting WWV on 20
MHz. It's much stronger on 15, 10 and 5 MHz. Usually around this time on
in the evening 2.5 and 5 MHz are best but right now 10 MHz is the best.
I never gotten WWV on 20 MHz after dark before.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 6th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Who knows. There is an unusual high over the Great Basin.

Radio Havana was coming in s+30 around 9pm PST. I've never seen it that
strong. It was their 6mhz frequency.

Telamon wrote:
In article
,

Old February 6th 06, 07:46 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telamon
20 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.
WWVH isn't broadcasting on 20 mhz:

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwvh.ht
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/

Old February 6th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
weatherall wrote:

Telamon Wrote:
20 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.

WWVH isn't broadcasting on 20 mhz:

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwvh.ht

I didn't know that or I forgot about it. Either way thanks for pointing
that out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 6th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
weatherall wrote:

Telamon Wrote:
20 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.

WWVH isn't broadcasting on 20 mhz:

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwvh.ht

I didn't know that or I forgot about it. Either way thanks for pointing
that out.

Do you remember when WWV transmitted on 25 MHz? (Or 30 and 35 MHz... I don't!)
Or when WWV still transmitted from Greenbelt, MD?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 6th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
weatherall wrote:

Telamon Wrote:
20 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.

WWVH isn't broadcasting on 20 mhz:

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwvh.ht

I didn't know that or I forgot about it. Either way thanks for pointing
that out.

Do you remember when WWV transmitted on 25 MHz? (Or 30 and 35 MHz... I don't!)
Or when WWV still transmitted from Greenbelt, MD?

25 MHz sounds somewhat familiar but not the rest. Where did you get this
information?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 6th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
weatherall wrote:

Telamon Wrote:
20 MHz WWV weak and WWVH not at all.

WWVH isn't broadcasting on 20 mhz:

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwvh.ht

I didn't know that or I forgot about it. Either way thanks for pointing
that out.

Do you remember when WWV transmitted on 25 MHz? (Or 30 and 35 MHz... I don't!)
Or when WWV still transmitted from Greenbelt, MD?

25 MHz sounds somewhat familiar but not the rest. Where did you get this
information?

I remember them being on 25 MHz and also being transmitted from Greenbelt.

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwvhistory.htm

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwvhhistory.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 6th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Buzzygirl

"Telamon" wrote in message

I never gotten WWV on 20 MHz after dark before.

Me either. I wonder what the maximum usable frequency was yesterday?

Jackie