Old February 12th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

Default 11.735 17:34 UTC

11.735 17:34 utc in english with african accent read by man. Later a woman
began speaking in african language. There was an extended period of
wonderful afrrican music. My 2004 passport has Radio Africa from julich. Is
that it ? Another listing has north korea S but just can't picture it.

dx 394 using downspout of 3 story apt. building for antenna located in
Edmonds, Wa. USA

thanks for serious on topic replies

Old February 12th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Verstaldin wrote:

11.735 17:34 utc in english with african accent read by man. Later a woman
began speaking in african language. There was an extended period of
wonderful afrrican music. My 2004 passport has Radio Africa from julich. Is
that it ? Another listing has north korea S but just can't picture it.

dx 394 using downspout of 3 story apt. building for antenna located in
Edmonds, Wa. USA

thanks for serious on topic replies

It's Voice of Tanzania-Zanzibar, transmitting from Zanzibar. At 1800-1810 they
have news in English, a relay of an fm station there, Spice FM. Otherwise they
are usually broadcasting in Swahili.

I've not heard them using English at the time you specified, but I'll check it
in the future.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 12th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article t,
"Verstaldin" wrote:

11.735 17:34 utc in english with african accent read by man. Later a woman
began speaking in african language. There was an extended period of
wonderful afrrican music. My 2004 passport has Radio Africa from julich. Is
that it ? Another listing has north korea S but just can't picture it.

dx 394 using downspout of 3 story apt. building for antenna located in
Edmonds, Wa. USA

thanks for serious on topic replies

I was listening to South Africa on 11825 from Meyerton at 07:00 to 08:00
UTC with a nice signal if that interests you.

2006 Passport shows Tanzania and Brazil on 11735 at that time but in
other languages. ILG schedule does not show anyone broadcasting in
english on that frequency either.

You are just going to have to go back and ID it if you want to know.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old February 13th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Koikus

Though I haven't heard them here in many moons because of noise at my
location, this could be radio Tanzania Zanzibar. I verified them many
years ago on this frequency, and a good friend told me he just heard
them there around the same time frame just recently.

Old February 13th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

Thanks Koikus. I could not hear their identification clearly, but it was
clearly african sounding music and very much islamic.

ups.com...

Old February 13th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article et,
"Verstaldin" wrote:

Thank you very much Telamon. Do you recall what brazilian station it was ?

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article t,
"Verstaldin" wrote:

11.735 17:34 utc in english with african accent read by man. Later a
woman
began speaking in african language. There was an extended period of
wonderful afrrican music. My 2004 passport has Radio Africa from julich.
Is
that it ? Another listing has north korea S but just can't picture it.

dx 394 using downspout of 3 story apt. building for antenna located in
Edmonds, Wa. USA

thanks for serious on topic replies

I was listening to South Africa on 11825 from Meyerton at 07:00 to 08:00
UTC with a nice signal if that interests you.

2006 Passport shows Tanzania and Brazil on 11735 at that time but in
other languages. ILG schedule does not show anyone broadcasting in
english on that frequency either.

You are just going to have to go back and ID it if you want to know.

According to the 2006 Passport blue page schedule
Radio Trans Mundial, Santa Maria.
Language "other" and transmitting 50 Kw.

According to ILG data they are broadcasting in Portuguese on that
frequency. Transmitter location Santa Maria-Camobi at 50 Kw.

Sometimes its just that you notice something like a certain model of car
and you start seeing them everywhere you go but it seems to me tuning
around the bands in the last couple of days the reception of south and
central American stations has been better then usual.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 13th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
"Verstaldin" wrote:

Thanks Koikus. I could not hear their identification clearly, but it was
clearly african sounding music and very much islamic.

"Koikus" wrote in message
ups.com...
Though I haven't heard them here in many moons because of noise at my
location, this could be radio Tanzania Zanzibar. I verified them many
years ago on this frequency, and a good friend told me he just heard
them there around the same time frame just recently.

I think DxAce already posted that Radio Zanzibar from Tanzania
broadcasts on this frequency in Swahili.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 13th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

In article et,
"Verstaldin" wrote:

Thank you very much Telamon. Do you recall what brazilian station it was ?

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article t,
"Verstaldin" wrote:

[...]

Actually that should be Radio Nova Visão which RELAYS Radio Trans Mundial. Radio
Nova Visão is generally off frequency. Last heard here by myself on 11734.9, July
26, when Zanzibar was off.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 13th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article et,
"Verstaldin" wrote:

Thank you very much Telamon. Do you recall what brazilian station
it was ?

"Telamon" wrote in
message

digy.com ...
In article
t,
"Verstaldin" wrote:

[...]

All good info Ace. Where did you find the information on the relay?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California