Old February 13th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael

Default Did anyone copy SuitSat ???

Has anyone been able to copy SuitSat ???

http://www.suitsat.org/

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: NJ
Primary Radio: ICOM IC-R75 (full Kiwa mods)
Antennas: G5RV & 200ft "Frankenstein" Roof Wire
Additional Radios: Icom IC-PCR1000,
Sony 7600GR, Grundig YB400,
Tecsun PL-550, Kaito KA1101, Kaito KA1102
GE SR-III, Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)

Old February 13th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Verstaldin wrote:

No. I believe I read it quit working because the batteries got too cold.

Still ticking, though it's power output has never been very good.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/02/13/3/?nc=1

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 13th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
n1gke

Michael wrote:
Has anyone been able to copy SuitSat ???

http://www.suitsat.org/

Only once did my bride catch a voice transmission. It was on Saturday
morning @ 8:35 EST. Male voice "This is Suitsat One". That was the only
transmission monitored here in Rhode Island.

I travel daily throughout Rhode Island, Central & Western Massachusetts
and have on board an Icom IC-2100h FM only transceiver using a 5/8 wave
vertical antenna.

Some of the locations I must work in are above average terrain by a few
hundred feet or so. The radio is on from 6:00 a.m. until I return in the
afternoon.

Since that Saturday morning, I have heard nothing that I could say was
emanating from the Suitsat-1 project, much to my disappointment, but I
still have not given up listening all day long, just in case.

I do hope in the future there will be further projects that will not
only include Amateur Radio community, but as in this one, all people the
world over who care to listen.

Very 73 and keep an ear open, and who knows !

Myrton - N1GKE -

"Find solutions, not fault."

APRS: N 41 44.150 X W 71 33.923 (approximate).

EL: 74 Meters

Suitsat Update Carter, K8VT Shortwave 1 February 6th 06 06:46 AM
SUITSAT received on Africa (audio file). CQ Scanner 0 February 4th 06 04:56 PM
SUITSAT received on Africa (audio file). CQ General 0 February 4th 06 04:55 PM
SUITSAT received on Africa (audio file). CQ Dx 0 February 4th 06 04:55 PM
Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM