Old February 18th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Adrian Donaldson

Default FA: Fairhaven RD500VX on eBay UK

Take a look at my Fairhaven on eBay. Will post to Europe only.
http://tinyurl.com/94a35

adrian.d

Old February 19th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rikk

Default Fairhaven RD500VX on eBay UK

"Adrian Donaldson" wrote in message
news
Take a look at my Fairhaven on eBay. Will post to Europe only.
http://tinyurl.com/94a35

adrian.d

It is certainly a fine radio, but its a scanner.
as far as the HF is concerned, i find the yb400pe and the sony7600gr much
better for sw and they are portables. only costing 100-140 bucks
Rikk

Old February 19th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 00:28:48 GMT, "Rikk"
wrote:

"Adrian Donaldson" wrote in message
news
Take a look at my Fairhaven on eBay. Will post to Europe only.
http://tinyurl.com/94a35

adrian.d

It is certainly a fine radio, but its a scanner.
as far as the HF is concerned, i find the yb400pe and the sony7600gr much
better for sw and they are portables. only costing 100-140 bucks
Rikk

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy..... ...

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...= 038#HF_PERF

Old February 19th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

David wrote:

It is certainly a fine radio, but its a scanner.
as far as the HF is concerned, i find the yb400pe and the sony7600gr much
better for sw and they are portables. only costing 100-140 bucks
Rikk

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy..... ...

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...= 038#HF_PERF

Where they say:

After digesting the section 4 contents you'll get the undeniable feeling
that the RD500 is primarily an HF receiver (which is a direct result of
its original design as an HF receiver) which we'll get into later.
Old February 19th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:06:59 GMT, m II wrote:

David wrote:

It is certainly a fine radio, but its a scanner.
as far as the HF is concerned, i find the yb400pe and the sony7600gr much
better for sw and they are portables. only costing 100-140 bucks
Rikk

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy..... ...

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...= 038#HF_PERF

Where they say:

After digesting the section 4 contents you'll get the undeniable feeling
that the RD500 is primarily an HF receiver (which is a direct result of
its original design as an HF receiver) which we'll get into later.

And:

''Overall the RD500 was a joy to use and I can understand how those
who own both this radio and the AOR AR7030 say that the Fairhaven is
always nipping at the heels of the AOR. It's performance and HF
features allow you to extract the most enjoyment out of the HF band.''