Old February 19th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Default Digital radio displays and the resultant loss of virtue.

The virtue of patience, that is...

It would appear, at least in my case, that the ease of finding out just
exactly WHERE you are on the dial has reduced greatly the time spent at
a given frequency. Before digital displays, I'd spend at least the time
required to get call letters, country and frequency.

Now,the program has to be interesting or, at the very least, I have to
be in the 'fire and brimstone' mood to put up with the US televangelist
types with the Southern Drawl.

Anyone else find that while digital displays are very fine things to
have,. they just MAY have induced an instant gratification syndrome?

mike
Old February 19th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I never saw a digital display yet that gave me gratification.
cuhulin

Old February 19th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

m II wrote:

The virtue of patience, that is...

It would appear, at least in my case, that the ease of finding out just
exactly WHERE you are on the dial has reduced greatly the time spent at
a given frequency. Before digital displays, I'd spend at least the time
required to get call letters, country and frequency.

Now,the program has to be interesting or, at the very least, I have to
be in the 'fire and brimstone' mood to put up with the US televangelist
types with the Southern Drawl.

Anyone else find that while digital displays are very fine things to
have,. they just MAY have induced an instant gratification syndrome?

Sounds like a dumbass Canuck problem to me. At least it's giving you something
new to whine about, another hallmark of dumbass Canuck thinking.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 19th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 07:46:26 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

m II wrote:

The virtue of patience, that is...

It would appear, at least in my case, that the ease of finding out just
exactly WHERE you are on the dial has reduced greatly the time spent at
a given frequency. Before digital displays, I'd spend at least the time
required to get call letters, country and frequency.

Now,the program has to be interesting or, at the very least, I have to
be in the 'fire and brimstone' mood to put up with the US televangelist
types with the Southern Drawl.

Anyone else find that while digital displays are very fine things to
have,. they just MAY have induced an instant gratification syndrome?

Sounds like a dumbass Canuck problem to me. At least it's giving you something
new to whine about, another hallmark of dumbass Canuck thinking.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Like Michigan is better than Canada...

Old February 19th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Radio Shack used to sell two models of portable wireless frequency
counters.I have an old thick Radio Shack catalog somewhere around here
that dates back about four or five years that list them in there with
the prices. Lake Michigan is probally half frozen over right now.
cuhulin

Old February 20th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

dxFMAO wrote:

Sounds like a dumbass Canuck problem to me. At least it's giving you something
new to whine about, another hallmark of dumbass Canuck thinking.

Hormone treatments not going well? Get the Doctor to reduce the
Estrogen. It worked for cuhulin after he developed bigger boobs than you
have.

mike
Old February 20th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Greg

From: m II
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:58:04 GMT

The virtue of patience, that is...

It would appear, at least in my case, that the ease of finding out just
exactly WHERE you are on the dial has reduced greatly the time spent at
a given frequency. Before digital displays, I'd spend at least the time
required to get call letters, country and frequency.

Now,the program has to be interesting or, at the very least, I have to
be in the 'fire and brimstone' mood to put up with the US televangelist
types with the Southern Drawl.

Anyone else find that while digital displays are very fine things to
have,. they just MAY have induced an instant gratification syndrome?

mike

Speaking of instant gratification, I lost my virtue in the back seat of the
old family Ford, with the analog radio on.

Greg

Old February 20th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Greg wrote:

Anyone else find that while digital displays are very fine things to
have,. they just MAY have induced an instant gratification syndrome?

mike

Speaking of instant gratification, I lost my virtue in the back seat of the
old family Ford, with the analog radio on.

Bless analog radios...

mike