Old February 19th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA

Default Drake 7 line enclosures

There is a fellow in Wisconsin who supplies replacement enclosures for the
Drake TR7/R7 units. Does anybody know who that is? I need to either have
mine glass bead blasted and repainted (this was the gooey enclosure) or
replace it.
I have already tried Google............no results.

Pete

Old February 19th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Pete KE9OA wrote:

There is a fellow in Wisconsin who supplies replacement enclosures for the
Drake TR7/R7 units. Does anybody know who that is? I need to either have
mine glass bead blasted and repainted (this was the gooey enclosure) or
replace it.
I have already tried Google............no results.

Don't recall exactly who it is. You might wish to sign up for the Drake List at
QTH.NET... or I can ask for you on that list.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 20th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA

Thanks.........that sounds good. In the meantime, I will also give John a
call over at Drake tomorrow. This receiver has fought me all the way, but I
finally have it completed, except for the enclosure.
Thanks again!

Pete

"dxAce" wrote in message

Pete KE9OA wrote:

There is a fellow in Wisconsin who supplies replacement enclosures for
the
Drake TR7/R7 units. Does anybody know who that is? I need to either have
mine glass bead blasted and repainted (this was the gooey enclosure) or
replace it.
I have already tried Google............no results.

Don't recall exactly who it is. You might wish to sign up for the Drake
List at

Old February 20th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Carter, K8VT

Pete KE9OA wrote:
There is a fellow in Wisconsin who supplies replacement enclosures for the
Drake TR7/R7 units. Does anybody know who that is? I need to either have
mine glass bead blasted and repainted (this was the gooey enclosure) or
replace it.
I have already tried Google............no results.

Pete

There is a guy in Ohio I think (Jeff Covelli???--advertises in 'Electric
Radio") that repairs them. He should be easy to find (web search for
Drake repair or call Bill Frost-if he is still around- at Drake) and
they can tell you who fixes the "sticky paint" problem. BTW, my TR-7 had
the sticky paint, but I just lived with it. Good luck!

Old February 20th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

"Carter, K8VT" wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:
There is a fellow in Wisconsin who supplies replacement enclosures for the
Drake TR7/R7 units. Does anybody know who that is? I need to either have
mine glass bead blasted and repainted (this was the gooey enclosure) or
replace it.
I have already tried Google............no results.

Pete

There is a guy in Ohio I think (Jeff Covelli???--advertises in 'Electric
Radio") that repairs them. He should be easy to find (web search for
Drake repair or call Bill Frost-if he is still around- at Drake) and
they can tell you who fixes the "sticky paint" problem. BTW, my TR-7 had
the sticky paint, but I just lived with it. Good luck!

Jeff just tuned up my R7 in November. Got it back the day before Thanksgiving.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 20th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:

There is a fellow in Wisconsin who supplies replacement enclosures for the
Drake TR7/R7 units. Does anybody know who that is? I need to either have
mine glass bead blasted and repainted (this was the gooey enclosure) or
replace it.
I have already tried Google............no results.

From what I've found out so far it seems the fellow in Wisconsin is out of them.

Guess you could contact Hartzell Manufacturing. They made the cabinets and they
will re-do them. http://www.hartzellmfg.com/

Worst case is trying to refinish it yourself I suppose.

Will let you know if anything else shows up today.

On page 5 of this .pdf document is some stuff regarding do-it-yourself repainting:

http://www.wb4hfn.com/DRAKE/DrakeArticles/TechTips/62-DRAKE_TECH_EXCHANGE01.pdf

I also noticed something about Hartzell charging $25 for the repaint job so that may
be a good way to go.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 21st 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA

Thanks Mike,

Jerry Strawman sent me the contact information this morning. I ordered one
of his last two items.
Thanks again!

Pete

Old February 21st 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA

Thanks Steve,

I was able to get one ordered at 8:30 this morning. A friend of mine checked
his website at around 9:30 and the listing for this item was removed from
his website.
In the meantime, I purchased a sandblaster............I intend to glass-bead
blast the two covers I have right now and make them available to those who
might need them. Both of them appear to have been repainted over the gooey
stuff, so I need to get them clean, down to the metal.
Thanks to everybody on this NG!

Pete

"dxAce" wrote in message

Pete KE9OA wrote:

There is a fellow in Wisconsin who supplies replacement enclosures for
the
Drake TR7/R7 units. Does anybody know who that is? I need to either have
mine glass bead blasted and repainted (this was the gooey enclosure) or
replace it.
I have already tried Google............no results.

From what I've found out so far it seems the fellow in Wisconsin is out of
them.

SWR - wtf? john d CB 136 July 2nd 05 08:31 PM
SWR - wtf? Roy Lewallen Antenna 110 July 1st 05 05:30 AM
How to measure soil constants at HF Reg Edwards Antenna 104 June 25th 05 10:46 PM
swr question Fred W4JLE Antenna 27 June 1st 05 01:45 AM
Near perfect Drake "C" Line JONWEINER Swap 0 November 22nd 04 01:06 PM