Old February 25th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Default Sangean ATS-803A

Bought a Sangean ATS-803A off ebay a couple weeks ago; worked well on AM &
FM, absolutely no reception on SW. Sent it to Radio Shack for repair. They
resoldered some broken solder joints & aligned it. Still doesn't pick
anything up using the attached telescoping antenna, but picks up the strong
stations using a dipole. Very disappointing. Anybody want it?

Old February 25th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:07:55 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

Bought a Sangean ATS-803A off ebay a couple weeks ago; worked well on AM &
FM, absolutely no reception on SW. Sent it to Radio Shack for repair. They
resoldered some broken solder joints & aligned it. Still doesn't pick
anything up using the attached telescoping antenna, but picks up the strong
stations using a dipole. Very disappointing. Anybody want it?

If you paid Radio Shack to fix it why not make them fix it right?
That's a heckuva radio.

Old February 25th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That is right.You paid Radio Shack to repair your radio,make them repair
your radio.
cuhulin

Old February 25th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

May be a stupid question BUT...
Did you move the switch on the back by the antenna input?

. ..

Old February 25th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Yeah, I thought about that about 1/2 way thru the scan, it was positioned
correctly, but to be sure I switched it back & forth a few times &
rescanned. The receiver does pick up the strong signals on the dipole,
which definitely puts into question the portability & therefore usefulness,
but MAYBE this room has too much RFI for it (several computers). I'm gonna
try it outside tomorrow on the whip & see . . .

om...

&

Old February 25th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

The 803 is a decent performer. Mine is just as sensitive as my 2010. I'm
sorry yours doesn't seem to be. Take it outside and try it.
So, is your dad still working at the Nuclear power plant?

Old February 25th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
. ..
Bought a Sangean ATS-803A off ebay a couple weeks ago; worked well on AM &
FM, absolutely no reception on SW. Sent it to Radio Shack for repair.
They
resoldered some broken solder joints & aligned it. Still doesn't pick
anything up using the attached telescoping antenna, but picks up the
strong
stations using a dipole. Very disappointing. Anybody want it?

I'm up for a repair challenge. How much you asking for it?

Sangean 803A Dan Swap 0 February 6th 06 06:10 PM
FS - Sangean 803A Dan Shortwave 0 January 31st 06 12:05 AM
FS - Sangean 803A Dan Swap 0 January 31st 06 12:05 AM
Rare find. Unopened NIB Sangean 803A Rob R. Shortwave 5 April 10th 04 03:30 PM
Sangean 803A for auction ends 8:39 PM PST keith Shortwave 0 November 9th 03 04:39 AM