Old February 25th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Default Sangean ATS-803A

Bought a Sangean ATS-803A off ebay a couple weeks ago; worked well on AM &
FM, absolutely no reception on SW. Sent it to Radio Shack for repair. They
resoldered some broken solder joints & aligned it. Still doesn't pick
anything up using the attached telescoping antenna, but picks up the strong
stations using a dipole. Very disappointing. Anybody want it?

Old February 25th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:07:55 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

Bought a Sangean ATS-803A off ebay a couple weeks ago; worked well on AM &
FM, absolutely no reception on SW. Sent it to Radio Shack for repair. They
resoldered some broken solder joints & aligned it. Still doesn't pick
anything up using the attached telescoping antenna, but picks up the strong
stations using a dipole. Very disappointing. Anybody want it?

If you paid Radio Shack to fix it why not make them fix it right?
That's a heckuva radio.

Old February 25th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That is right.You paid Radio Shack to repair your radio,make them repair
your radio.
cuhulin

Old February 25th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

May be a stupid question BUT...
Did you move the switch on the back by the antenna input?

. ..

Old February 25th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
. ..
Bought a Sangean ATS-803A off ebay a couple weeks ago; worked well on AM &
FM, absolutely no reception on SW. Sent it to Radio Shack for repair.
They
resoldered some broken solder joints & aligned it. Still doesn't pick
anything up using the attached telescoping antenna, but picks up the
strong
stations using a dipole. Very disappointing. Anybody want it?

I'm up for a repair challenge. How much you asking for it?

Old February 25th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Yeah, I thought about that about 1/2 way thru the scan, it was positioned
correctly, but to be sure I switched it back & forth a few times &
rescanned. The receiver does pick up the strong signals on the dipole,
which definitely puts into question the portability & therefore usefulness,
but MAYBE this room has too much RFI for it (several computers). I'm gonna
try it outside tomorrow on the whip & see . . .

om...

&

Old February 25th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Lawson

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
. ..
Bought a Sangean ATS-803A off ebay a couple weeks ago; worked well

on AM &
FM, absolutely no reception on SW. Sent it to Radio Shack for

repair. They
resoldered some broken solder joints & aligned it. Still doesn't

pick
anything up using the attached telescoping antenna, but picks up

the strong
stations using a dipole. Very disappointing. Anybody want it?

Compared to a tabletop like an R72, the 803A is going
to be disappointing. Compared to a lot of other portables,
it's a nice old radio that handles an external antenna
well without overloading. My Radio Shack equivalent
(DX-440) is still chugging along (or chuffing, since I've
never bothered to make the anti-chuffing mod), and
I let my kids play with it to see what they can pull in.

--Mike L.

Sangean 803A Dan Swap 0 February 6th 06 06:10 PM
FS - Sangean 803A Dan Shortwave 0 January 31st 06 12:05 AM
FS - Sangean 803A Dan Swap 0 January 31st 06 12:05 AM
Rare find. Unopened NIB Sangean 803A Rob R. Shortwave 5 April 10th 04 03:30 PM
Sangean 803A for auction ends 8:39 PM PST keith Shortwave 0 November 9th 03 04:39 AM