Old February 28th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default American Icon Passes Away

Don Knotts.
Everybody loved Don Knotts.
Rest in Peace,Don Knotts.
cuhulin

Old February 28th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
LW

Ditto for Dennis Weaver.

I guess that happy US Marshall's office in the sky needed a deputy.

Give 'em what for, "Chester".

Old February 28th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I saw just now that about Dennis Weaver,at www.worldnetdaily.com
All the good old guys and gals are fadeing away.
Rest in Peace,Dennis Weaver.
cuhulin

Old February 28th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 27 Feb 2006 21:19:09 -0800, "LW" wrote:

Ditto for Dennis Weaver.

I guess that happy US Marshall's office in the sky needed a deputy.

Give 'em what for, "Chester".

One of the great deep thinkers of our time.

Old February 28th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen

Darin McGavin (sp) as well. Three excellent actors in a few short
days.

Bruce Jensen

Old February 28th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen

Old February 28th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen

Ditto for Dennis Weaver.
One of the great deep thinkers of our time.

He thought enough, and was compassionate enough, to be a vegetarian.
That gives him a leg up in my book.

Bruce Jensen

Old February 28th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 28 Feb 2006 07:02:10 -0800, "bpnjensen"
wrote:

Ditto for Dennis Weaver.

One of the great deep thinkers of our time.

He thought enough, and was compassionate enough, to be a vegetarian.
That gives him a leg up in my book.

Bruce Jensen

Editorial Reviews

From the Inside Flap
Though millions recognize Dennis Weaver for his roles in the
long-running television series "Gunsmoke" and "McCloud" and, more
recently, as the host of the Western Channel, the most important work
of his life has not been performed in front of a camera. Since the
early 1980s, he has dedicated himself to serving humanity and the
environment. Now, Weaver shares the story of his life--his childhood
and military years, his career as an entertainer (which includes a
fascinating behind-the-scenes look at Hollywood), and his more recent
success as a spokesperson and role model for social annd environmental
concerns. His ultimate goal: to remind us that only through collective
spiritual growth and understanding the interrelationship of all living
systems, will humanity consciously step forward to preserve our world
for future generations.

About the Author
Dennis Weaver won an Emmy award for his role in television's longest
running series, "Gunsmoke". Over the past five decades, he has
appeared in stage, television, and motion picture productions as
actor, comedian, and singer/songwriter. Weaver co-founded Love is
Feeding Everyone (L.I.F.E.) and founded the Institute of Ecolonomics
to find solutions for a sustainable ecology and economy. He is a
sought-after speaker on social and environmental issues. Weaver lives
in a self-designed "Earthship." A film on this environmentally
friendly home has been featureed on PBS nationwide and at internation
and U.S. environmental film festivals.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...lance&n=283155

Old February 28th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Those old Gunsmoke movies.They wanted Dennis Weaver to have a sthick in
those movies.Dennis thought and thought about it and he came up with
that fake limp of his in the Gunsmoke movies.He would get out there in
the movie lot and practice,he fell down a few times too.He had to
practice with it a long time before he got it right.

Darin MvGavin was great too.
Rest in Peace,Darin McGavin.
cuhulin

Old February 28th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Lawson

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Darin McGavin (sp) as well. Three excellent actors in a few short
days.

While he may be remembered for many other
roles, like the mobster in The Natural, Darin
will always have a place in my heart for the
part of The Old Man in A Christmas Story.

--Mike L.