Old March 1st 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Warren

Default Anyone else going to the SWL Winterfest in Pennsylvania on Friday/Saturday?

This will be my fifth time during the past six years that I and my
wife will be attending the fest.

There is a great time and plenty of radio seminars - from scanners to
SW to pirates tofree-to-air satellite TV plus much more.

Hope to see some of the group there

Warren

PS Great Radio Raffel prizes at the Saturday night Banquet.

Old March 2nd 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Warren

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 01:10:28 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

When/where? If it's close enough I'll go . . .

"Warren" wrote in message
.. .
This will be my fifth time during the past six years that I and my
wife will be attending the fest.

There is a great time and plenty of radio seminars - from scanners to
SW to pirates tofree-to-air satellite TV plus much more.

Hope to see some of the group there

Warren

PS Great Radio Raffel prizes at the Saturday night Banquet.

It's just off of the Northeast Extension of the PA Turnpike (Landsdale
exit - the first one going north fron the East/West Turnpike), in
Kulpsville, PA at the Best Western hotel (see below). It is the 19th
annual shortwave winterfest.

Complete info at http://swlfest.com/

You may be able to email John Figliozzi (Co-Chairman), John Figliozzi
, if you can still get Banquet Tickets. You
can register at the door but would not be able to get banquet tickets,
however you would be able to attend the post-banquet raffel drawing
for the great raffel prizes - yes you can buy tickets then.

Here is info from the site:

"Checks should be made payable to Winter SWL Festival. Register
directly with the hotel for your rooms by calling the Best Western at
+1 (215) 368-3800. For 2006, one special rate $75 single or double!
Tell the hotel staff you're with the Winter SWL Festival to receive
this special room rate. You must make your reservation directly with
the hotel to receive this rate; reservations via the Best Western 800
number or web site are not eligible for this rate. Up to the minute
information can be found on the Winter SWL Festival Web site at
http://swlfest.com/. (The Web site also contains maps, related links,
and photos of past events.)

The Best Western--The Inn at Towamencin is located at Exit 31 of the
PA Turnpike Northeast Extension-Lansdale Interchange. Improved access
from the south with the Blue Route (I-476)--ask for details. Limo
service is available from Phila. Intl Airport directly to the hotel."

Look at the website for any questions - hurry if you plan to attend -
a great time for any radio fans.

Warren

Old March 2nd 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

turns out too far away for me in central Ohio! Woulda loved to have gone
tho! I'm definitely going to the Dayton Hamfest tho' - anybody else?

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
Thanx for the info!

wrote:

When/where? If it's close enough I'll go . . .

.. .

Old March 2nd 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

I've been to the Dayton Hamfest many times, but not in the last decade or
so. Can't wait for this year!

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message
I went to Dayton last year; first time in about
5 years or so. Just a warning, if you've never
gone, Hara Arena's owners have never bothered
to improve the facilities since it opened, so the
bathrooms are less than desirable. Considering
that Hara Arena isn't the concert or convention
destination it once was (Hamfest excepted),
I suppose it's not a surprise.

Aside from that, the flea market is a treasure
trove of stuff. Don't believe anyone's spiel
that XXX is the only one of it's kind for sale
at Dayton; I found multiples of about everything
when I perused the market (including R-8B's).

If you're not a ham, a bunch of this stuff can
be blown over rather quickly; okay, that's a point
about flea markets anywhere, but I've gotten
my flea market persuing down to a science.
Make a list of what you'd like to look for, and
stick to it. Bring cash; although they do have
an ATM there, it's easy to go over your bank's
withdraw limit.

--Mike L.

wrote:

When/where? If it's close enough I'll go . . .

.. .

Old March 2nd 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Lawson

Well, in one respect (the facilities), it hasn't changed
a bit. ;-)

Honestly, I'd like to see the Hamfest people use
their clout to get some upgrades at Hara. Or
switch to either the UD Arena or the Dayton
Convention Center.

--Mike L.

wrote:

When/where? If it's close enough I'll go . . .

.. .

Old March 2nd 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Agreed; the facilities were bad a decade ago, I can just imagine what
they're like now!

wrote:

When/where? If it's close enough I'll go . . .

.. .

Old March 2nd 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Anyone else going to the SWL Winterfest in Pennsylvania onFrid...

If it's further than from here to Vicksburg or my auld home town of
Carthage,Mississippi,,, I am not going anywhere.
www.thecarthaginian.com www.vicksburgpost.com
cuhulin

Old March 2nd 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

About ten years ago I was in Little Rock,Arkansas and I decided to take
in the Arkansas State Fair one night.It wasen't long and I had to visit
one of them mens restrooms (facilities) I stepped through the door and
there was a red headed woman in there,sitting on one of them facilities
between two guys who were also sitting on the facilities,she was the
only woman in the mens facilities.She said,Somebody dared her to do
it.(it didn't bother me at all,I thought nothing of it) There is a
Krystal fast food eat joint just across Highway 80 from me.Back in the
1970's,there used to be sort of a runnin joke that the pay telephone was
in the mens restroom.
cuhulin

Winterfest 2005 - Jan 15 - Loveland CO [email protected] Swap 0 January 4th 05 09:09 PM
WinterFest 2004 -- Loveland, Colorado Chris Howard Swap 0 December 10th 04 02:25 AM
Winterfest 2005 -- Loveland Colorado [email protected] General 0 December 7th 04 08:51 PM
SE Pennsylvania Mike Shortwave 1 December 2nd 04 05:39 AM
KENWOOD REPAIR IN PENNSYLVANIA? Charles J. Shaw Equipment 2 December 14th 03 12:40 AM