Old March 4th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Default 7125 @00:45

same here; strong signal but cyclic fading . . . ; music right now . . .

"James Douglas" wrote in message
. ..
Russia, very strong here in TX. Interesting music followed by news. Is
this usually this strong?

Thanks!

JimD

Old March 4th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

James Douglas wrote:

Russia, very strong here in TX. Interesting music followed by news. Is
this usually this strong?

They usually put in a good signal. That transmitter site, by the way, is in
Moldova, not Russia.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 4th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:48:11 -0600, James Douglas
wrote:

Russia, very strong here in TX. Interesting music followed by news. Is
this usually this strong?

Thanks!

JimD

Does Cuba still relay? Not strong in SoCal.

Old March 4th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

James Douglas wrote:

Russia, very strong here in TX. Interesting music followed by news. Is
this usually this strong?

They usually put in a good signal. That transmitter site, by the way, is in
Moldova, not Russia.

You might want to compare signals at 0200 when Voice of Russia uses 7180 from
the same site.

The Moldova site transmitters are 1000 kW capable.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 4th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Beloved Leader

What an amazing coincidence. Keyboarding and up-arrowing my way up the
dial, I stumbled upon that station about fifteen seconds BEFORE I read
your post. That station is coming in loud and clear in northern
Virginia on a RS DX-398 using the whip antenna.