RadioBanter

-   -   North Korea (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/90281-north-korea.html)

[email protected] March 10th 06 02:49 PM

North Korea

North Korea has been in the news again with weapons testing. What is the
current frequency and best reception times for that country? Also has
anybody noticed any changes in either the quality or content of their
broadcasts?

weatherall March 10th 06 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by
North Korea has been in the news again with weapons testing. What is the current frequency and best reception times for that country? Also has anybody noticed any changes in either the quality or content of their broadcasts?

I faintly picked up Voice of Korea (the name used by the North Korea broadcaster) last month and mentioned it in my reception reports he

http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/2006/0...06-part-3.html

The broadcast was designed to make its listeners happy, not worry about anything, and to love Kim Jong-il.

Current English schedules are available at http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/

Good luck picking it up. It's a bizarre experience.

Verstaldin March 10th 06 06:46 PM

North Korea

Hi Roger,
I hope you are not in the area where their missiles will be landing :(

All life all holiness come from you O Lord

dxAce March 10th 06 07:30 PM

North Korea

wrote:

North Korea has been in the news again with weapons testing. What is the
current frequency and best reception times for that country? Also has
anybody noticed any changes in either the quality or content of their
broadcasts?

http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-b05.txt

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] March 10th 06 08:02 PM

North Korea

http://www.lazygranch.com/sound/temp...fkorea6285.wav

All hail Supreme Commander!

running dogg March 10th 06 10:46 PM

North Korea

http://tinyurl.com/esaaz

The broadcast was designed to make its listeners happy, not worry about
anything, and to love Kim Jong-il.

Current English schedules are available at
http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/

Good luck picking it up. It's a bizarre experience.

I've never heard it. They have a broadcast to Western NAm, but I'm
usually asleep. I'd try South Korea under whatever name they're
currently using (was Radio Korea Intl, now apparently calling themselves
KBS) for Korea conflict news. South Korea has the most to lose from
their northern neighbor's brinksmanship, so I'd expect them to cover the
conflict rather well. North Korean broadcasts are totally disconnected
from any semblance of reality. At least Radio Havana sometimes reports
actual international news items.

dxAce March 10th 06 11:04 PM

North Korea

running dogg wrote:

weatherall wrote:

Wrote:
[...]

Voice of Korea is currently audible here on 11535 in Korean at 2300 s/on.

You really need to catch one of their English broadcasts sometime.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] March 10th 06 11:42 PM

North Korea

www.worldtribune.com and, www.gertzfile.com
cuhulin

adam214 March 15th 06 09:44 AM

North Korea

Hehe voice of korea is funny they called the south koreans gangsters i
could just imagine it now :)