Old March 10th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default North Korea

North Korea has been in the news again with weapons testing. What is the
current frequency and best reception times for that country? Also has
anybody noticed any changes in either the quality or content of their
broadcasts?

Old March 10th 06, 04:48 PM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by
North Korea has been in the news again with weapons testing. What is the current frequency and best reception times for that country? Also has anybody noticed any changes in either the quality or content of their broadcasts?
I faintly picked up Voice of Korea (the name used by the North Korea broadcaster) last month and mentioned it in my reception reports he

http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/2006/0...06-part-3.html

The broadcast was designed to make its listeners happy, not worry about anything, and to love Kim Jong-il.

Current English schedules are available at http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/

Good luck picking it up. It's a bizarre experience.
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old March 10th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

Hi Roger,
I hope you are not in the area where their missiles will be landing

All life all holiness come from you O Lord

Old March 10th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

http://tinyurl.com/esaaz

The broadcast was designed to make its listeners happy, not worry about
anything, and to love Kim Jong-il.

Current English schedules are available at
http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/

Good luck picking it up. It's a bizarre experience.

I've never heard it. They have a broadcast to Western NAm, but I'm
usually asleep. I'd try South Korea under whatever name they're
currently using (was Radio Korea Intl, now apparently calling themselves
KBS) for Korea conflict news. South Korea has the most to lose from
their northern neighbor's brinksmanship, so I'd expect them to cover the
conflict rather well. North Korean broadcasts are totally disconnected
from any semblance of reality. At least Radio Havana sometimes reports
actual international news items.

Old March 10th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

running dogg wrote:

weatherall wrote:

Wrote:
[...]

Voice of Korea is currently audible here on 11535 in Korean at 2300 s/on.

You really need to catch one of their English broadcasts sometime.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 10th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.worldtribune.com and, www.gertzfile.com
cuhulin

Old March 15th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
adam214

Hehe voice of korea is funny they called the south koreans gangsters i
could just imagine it now