Old March 10th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Tooth Radio.

Back in the 1950's I read an article in one of my Popular Mechanics
magazines about a guy who went to the dentist to have a tooth
filled.Whatever kind of tooth filling stuff the dentist used,it probally
had some Germanium stuff in it.The guy said he can pick up and listen to
one or two radio stations via his tooth.Another guy in Texas had a
wooden leg,so he installed a little transistor radio in his wooden leg.
cuhulin

Old March 10th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

And then I went to www.google.com and I typed,Tooth Radio

Does Uri Geller have a Tooth Radio? I dont want a Tooth Radio,I think
that would be a bit too much for me.
cuhulin

Old March 10th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Invader3K

Popular Communications had an article about that a few months ago...or
actually the story was two boys who learned how to do the same thing in
the '60s from a radio engineer.

Old March 11th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim

the blue razorblade does work. as a child i tried every detector scheme
possible. you would be surprised what ridiculous things will work! how
about old borax laundry soap? it works also! now i am sorry that i never
tried a lost tooth! many of the off-the-wall detectors DID work but they
required a HUGE signal..... not efficient enough for practical use.