Old March 10th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default For Sale Eico 667 Tube Tester

This tester was rebuilt and calibrated in January, 2005 by the late
Chris Haedt who was considered by many to be the "Professor of Tube
Testers."

It is a late model 667 without the built in roll chart, has a full
manual copy and repair report and calibration sheet from Chris.

Extremely clean, no longer needed here as I have cleaned out the
boatanchors. It will not test the older 4 pin tubes.

This is a solid state unit and very reliable. It is a dynamic
conductance tester.

$100 plus shipping/insurance.

Les Locklear
Gulfport, Ms.

Old March 10th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Peter Wieck

I have a 666. What's to calibrate?

Two pots inside, with a VOM across the AC primary transformer tap and
set to 130VAC with the line-adjust pot. One pot is then set to full
meter deflection (adjacent to the filament selector switch), the other
to 1/2 meter deflection (adjacent to the line-adjust pot) with various
buttons pushed. Takes 10 minutes apart from removal and installation
into the case. Did mine last night.

Does not have sockets for pre-octal tubes, but does run well up into
the compactrons and nuvistors. And it lists a lot of the pre-octals on
the chart, so there must be adaptors available. Calls itself a "dynamic
conductance" tester. Weight is about 12 pounds, or so. Not overly
large. Good, easy-to-read meter and very easy-to-roll tube chart. Eico
has a reputation for errors on its early tube charts, BTW.

Now to trace a niggly little fault, and intermittent to boot... the
worst kind. I expect it is a bad connection combined with a wire-or-two
out of place so that the problem only shows on occasion.

If I get it fixed, this one will go at Kutztown. I snagged it as the
price was right, but it is not a keeper... and of the three I have, it
is the least appealing. The other two do the older tubes as well.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA