RadioBanter

-   -   solar storm a comin'! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/90305-solar-storm-comin.html)

Lisa Simpson March 10th 06 08:16 PM

solar storm a comin'!

NASA Science News for March 10, 2006
This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense
solar maximum in perhaps fifty years. In this story we explore the
underpinnings of the forecast and what it means for the years ahead.

FULL STORY at

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list205275

David March 10th 06 08:32 PM

solar storm a comin'!

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:16:22 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

NASA Science News for March 10, 2006
This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense
solar maximum in perhaps fifty years. In this story we explore the
underpinnings of the forecast and what it means for the years ahead.

FULL STORY at

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list205275

I remember it well. Winter of '57-'58. Northern Lights.

Verstaldin March 10th 06 10:05 PM

solar storm a comin'!

I've never seen the northern lights. I have seen the Southern Cross though
S.
All life all holiness come from you O Lord

[email protected] March 10th 06 10:44 PM

solar storm a comin'!

I thought the Sun's Solar Flares are quite right now.I never pay any
attention to what NASA says anyway.I reccomend y'all check out that
Popular Mechanics magazine a few years back,,, NASA! YOU ARE BROKEN!
Look for the front cover and the article by that woman who retired from
NASA in that paticular Popular Mechanics magazine,check your local area
Libraries for the magazine.
cuhulin

David March 10th 06 11:52 PM

solar storm a comin'!

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:05:04 GMT, "Verstaldin"
wrote:

I've never seen the northern lights. I have seen the Southern Cross though
S.
All life all holiness come from you O Lord
.. .
wrote:

NASA Science News for March 10, 2006
This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense
solar maximum in perhaps fifty years. In this story we explore the
underpinnings of the forecast and what it means for the years ahead.

FULL STORY at

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list205275

In Phoenix.

There are auroras in the Southern Hemisphere.