Old March 10th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Default solar storm a comin'!

NASA Science News for March 10, 2006
This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense
solar maximum in perhaps fifty years. In this story we explore the
underpinnings of the forecast and what it means for the years ahead.

FULL STORY at

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list205275

Old March 10th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:16:22 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

NASA Science News for March 10, 2006
This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense
solar maximum in perhaps fifty years. In this story we explore the
underpinnings of the forecast and what it means for the years ahead.

FULL STORY at

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list205275

I remember it well. Winter of '57-'58. Northern Lights.

Old March 10th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

I've never seen the northern lights. I have seen the Southern Cross though
S.
All life all holiness come from you O Lord

Old March 10th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I thought the Sun's Solar Flares are quite right now.I never pay any
attention to what NASA says anyway.I reccomend y'all check out that
Popular Mechanics magazine a few years back,,, NASA! YOU ARE BROKEN!
Look for the front cover and the article by that woman who retired from
NASA in that paticular Popular Mechanics magazine,check your local area
Libraries for the magazine.
cuhulin

Old March 10th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:05:04 GMT, "Verstaldin"
wrote:

I've never seen the northern lights. I have seen the Southern Cross though
S.
All life all holiness come from you O Lord
.. .
wrote:

NASA Science News for March 10, 2006
This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense
solar maximum in perhaps fifty years. In this story we explore the
underpinnings of the forecast and what it means for the years ahead.

FULL STORY at

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list205275

In Phoenix.

There are auroras in the Southern Hemisphere.