RadioBanter

-   -   New vertical antenna coming to Universal (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/90347-new-vertical-antenna-coming-universal.html)

Steve March 11th 06 05:42 AM

New vertical antenna coming to Universal

Check it out:

http://www.rffun.com/catalog/sw_ant/0981.html

[email protected] March 11th 06 06:06 AM

New vertical antenna coming to Universal

On 10 Mar 2006 21:42:59 -0800, "Steve"
wrote:

Check it out:

http://www.rffun.com/catalog/sw_ant/0981.html

Interesting. The data sheet refers to the 'base loading assembly'
which does not surprise me - was almost thinking of it like a 10 - 12
meter 5/8 wave except it has no radials. I think I'll let somebody
else try it and read their comments on it's performance; for some
reason it reminds me of the adage "if something seems to good to be
true......."

[email protected] March 11th 06 06:15 AM

New vertical antenna coming to Universal

And it comes with a U bolt too.For three times that money you can buy a
Wellbrook Antenna which I think would be a much better buy.
cuhulin

Telamon March 11th 06 06:18 AM

New vertical antenna coming to Universal

In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

Check it out:

http://www.rffun.com/catalog/sw_ant/0981.html

Sounds pricey for a 6 foot vertical whip antenna. You could get a CB
vertical whip for a lot less I think.

Here is your mobile CB 102 inch long steel whip (8.5 foot) for $20 plus
$2 for shipping and handling.
http://www.gijoesradioelectronics.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=41

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

dxAce March 11th 06 02:38 PM

wrote:

Check it out:

http://www.rffun.com/catalog/sw_ant/0981.html

Passive?

Why don't you read the spec sheet and find out?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Bob Miller March 11th 06 02:40 PM

wrote:

Check it out:

http://www.rffun.com/catalog/sw_ant/0981.html

vertically polarized, so it will pick up more man made noise than a
horizontally polarized antenna, in spite of the ad copy's
protestation.

bob
k5qwg

Bob Miller March 11th 06 02:42 PM

wrote:

Check it out:

http://www.rffun.com/catalog/sw_ant/0981.html

Passive?

Another way of saying it's not an amplified, "active" antenna.

bob
k5qwg

David March 11th 06 03:39 PM

New vertical antenna coming to Universal

wrote:

Check it out:

http://www.rffun.com/catalog/sw_ant/0981.html

Passive?

Another way of saying it's not an amplified, "active" antenna.

Thanks, Mister Wizard.

I already knew that. Why would anyone pay $110 for a 6 foot passive
antenna?

better?