Old March 13th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default All India Radio - QSL

Received a f/d "Sculptures on Adinatha Temple" QSL today for reception of All
India Radio 4950 via Srinagar, Kashmir in 4 months, v/s Y. K. Sharma.

My 220th NASWA Country verified.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 13th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Received a f/d "Sculptures on Adinatha Temple" QSL today for reception of All
India Radio 4950 via Srinagar, Kashmir in 4 months, v/s Y. K. Sharma.

My 220th NASWA Country verified.

What's the most you can verify these days? Something like 240?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 13th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Received a f/d "Sculptures on Adinatha Temple" QSL today for reception of All
India Radio 4950 via Srinagar, Kashmir in 4 months, v/s Y. K. Sharma.

My 220th NASWA Country verified.

What's the most you can verify these days? Something like 240?

Oh, I don't know. Never counted them all up but I think there are 250 + on the
list. However, many are now off the air.

Even out of my 220 verified I think 25-30 are now off the air.

I've heard 236 on the list.

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/list/

Here's my verified tally:

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxlist.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 13th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Received a f/d "Sculptures on Adinatha Temple" QSL today for
reception of All India Radio 4950 via Srinagar, Kashmir in 4
months, v/s Y. K. Sharma.

My 220th NASWA Country verified.

What's the most you can verify these days? Something like 240?

Oh, I don't know. Never counted them all up but I think there are 250
+ on the list. However, many are now off the air.

Even out of my 220 verified I think 25-30 are now off the air.

I've heard 236 on the list.

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/list/

Here's my verified tally:

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxlist.htm

That's quite a list. You must have a bunch of NASWA awards.

You have been at this a long time. Have any interest in being on the
NASWA committee?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 13th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Received a f/d "Sculptures on Adinatha Temple" QSL today for
reception of All India Radio 4950 via Srinagar, Kashmir in 4
months, v/s Y. K. Sharma.

My 220th NASWA Country verified.

What's the most you can verify these days? Something like 240?

Oh, I don't know. Never counted them all up but I think there are 250
+ on the list. However, many are now off the air.

Even out of my 220 verified I think 25-30 are now off the air.

I've heard 236 on the list.

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/list/

Here's my verified tally:

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxlist.htm

That's quite a list.

Thanks.

You must have a bunch of NASWA awards.

47 or 48 I think.

You have been at this a long time.

Yes, I have. At least since I re-entered the hobby back in '82.

Have any interest in being on the
NASWA committee?

Not really. Is someone retiring?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 14th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
James Douglas

dxAce wrote:
Received a f/d "Sculptures on Adinatha Temple" QSL today for reception of All
India Radio 4950 via Srinagar, Kashmir in 4 months, v/s Y. K. Sharma.

My 220th NASWA Country verified.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Remind me dxAce what equipment do you use? Do you go after particular
stations or just "turn the dial around". You seem to get tons of
stations and of course I am jealous! What software if any do you
use for logging, searching, etc?

Thanks!
Old March 14th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

James Douglas wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Received a f/d "Sculptures on Adinatha Temple" QSL today for reception of All
India Radio 4950 via Srinagar, Kashmir in 4 months, v/s Y. K. Sharma.

My 220th NASWA Country verified.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Remind me dxAce what equipment do you use?

I currently have a Drake R7, R8, R8B and just for fun, at the moment I have a SW-1.

Do you go after particular
stations or just "turn the dial around".

I generally go after particular stations.

You seem to get tons of
stations and of course I am jealous! What software if any do you
use for logging, searching, etc?

I don't use any particular software for logging or searching. None of my equipment
is hooked up to the computer. I really don't keep a log of what I've heard, other
than the one in my head.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 14th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

[...]

Heck, I don't know. It just seemed to me that since you progressed to
the point of practically QSL'ing the whole world over a decade or two
you might be involved in that group. I was just wondering about it.

In any event, you are certainly very accomplished in verifying what you
heard. Shows you have the interest, accuracy, and the patience to follow
through on a long-term goal. Congratulations on all those awards!

I wish there were more people with your interest posting in the news
group. John Figliozzi used to post here and maybe some other people I
haven't recognized may have but not recently. Recently a lot of crap has
been posted to the news group. Usually this happens when schools out but
these days it's all the time. This is not a problem for me but it is my
contention that the vast amount crap posted dissuades reasonable people
from posting relevant news because they dont want to deal with the
unreasonable people flaming them.

I do not normally see average people walking up and starting
conversations with the homeless so why should I expect normal people to
post in this news group with the large volume of blatantly nut case
posts?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 14th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Lawson

"dxAce" wrote in message
Received a f/d "Sculptures on Adinatha Temple" QSL today for

reception of All
India Radio 4950 via Srinagar, Kashmir in 4 months, v/s Y. K.

Sharma.

My 220th NASWA Country verified.

I've heard them before, but I've never tried QSL-ing
them. Are they picky about reception reports?

--Mike L.