Old March 17th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default Ozone & radio

"H. E. Taylor" wrote:

Greetings,
If, I say _if_, the ionosphere were severely disrupted
by ozone depleting chemicals, what would be the effect
on shortwave radio?

The earth's ozone layer is located in the stratosphere, between 11 and 31 miles
above the earth's surface. The Mesospere is next, about 31 to 50 miles up. The
ionosphere starts at about 43-50 miles and extends up to about 400 miles. So...
probably no effect on shortwave radio propagation.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 17th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.environment
Roger Coppock

I'm not aware of any effect of Ozone on the Ionosphere,
where HF radio signals are refracted back to Earth,
Harvey. (The term "Shortwave" is too imprecise.
"HF," or High Frequency, has a standard definition,
3 to 30 MHz.) I only know of Ozone doing it's dirty
work in the Troposphere and Stratosphere.

Old March 17th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ja Wahl Mein Heir,and the Sun sets in the East too. www.rense.com
911.Comprehensive Photo Analysis.

Gorsh,it isn't enough that my radios are all loaded up with cigarette
smoke (Blueberry doggy is hideing her face under the blanket on her
couch again) and now I have to worry about Ozone too?
cuhulin

Old March 17th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.environment
H. E. Taylor

Greetings,
If, I say _if_, the ionosphere were severely disrupted
by ozone depleting chemicals, what would be the effect
on shortwave radio?
curious
-het

--
"Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water.
And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew

How's yer crap detector? http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/detector.html
H.E. Taylor http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/
Old March 18th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.environment
John VanSickle

H. E. Taylor wrote:
Greetings,
If, I say _if_, the ionosphere were severely disrupted
by ozone depleting chemicals, what would be the effect
on shortwave radio?
curious
-het

Ozone is not an ion.

In any event, ozone is replenished by the very thing from which it
protects us--ultraviolet radiation.

Regards,
John