RadioBanter

-   -   Nigeria (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/90766-nigeria.html)

Verstaldin March 17th 06 10:22 PM

Nigeria

I don't know if anyone is relaying their signal, but Nigeria had a pretty good signal here in Puget Sound country of western washington.

15.120 Mhz 19:49 V. of Nigeria, ikorodu in english with a woman speaking and some music.

All life all holiness come from you O Lord
http://pwp.surfglobal.net/mjmiller/index.htm

junius March 18th 06 02:59 AM

Nigeria

Nope, no relay. External service, targeting Europe. Transmitter is in
Ikorodu, Nigeria. 250 kW, according to ILG.

rayneeny March 18th 06 05:39 PM

Im on the east coast of north america in nova scotia canada,and there signal booms in here every afternoon it seems without fail,although sometimes there audio can be pooor!

dxace1 March 19th 06 06:50 PM

Nigeria

Yes, Nigeria is one of the last good catches
from Africa on SW -- still direct, no relays.
Africa is one of the last places we can still
hear these domestic outlets as, one by one,
they have gone off the air -- I remember the
good old days trying to hear and verify each
of the regional SW transmitters in Nigeria, as
well as some separate non-NBC regionals.

Steve March 19th 06 07:26 PM

Nigeria

dxace1 wrote:
Yes, Nigeria is one of the last good catches
from Africa on SW -- still direct, no relays.
Africa is one of the last places we can still
hear these domestic outlets as, one by one,
they have gone off the air -- I remember the
good old days trying to hear and verify each
of the regional SW transmitters in Nigeria, as
well as some separate non-NBC regionals.

Ghana on 4915 khz is also a good one.

dxAce March 19th 06 07:45 PM

Nigeria

dxace1 wrote:

Yes, Nigeria is one of the last good catches
from Africa on SW -- still direct, no relays.
Africa is one of the last places we can still
hear these domestic outlets as, one by one,
they have gone off the air -- I remember the
good old days trying to hear and verify each
of the regional SW transmitters in Nigeria, as
well as some separate non-NBC regionals.

I've QSL's here from Radio Nigeria, FRCN Kaduna, Plateau Broadcasting Corp.,
FRCN Enugu, and FRCN Ibadan and maybe one more on a card that I just don't feel
like digging for today. :-)

dxAce(2)
Michigan
USA

junius March 19th 06 07:54 PM

Nigeria

Mauritania on 4845 kHz is a reliable one. No English service, but some
really interesting music at times.

junius