Old March 17th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

Default Nigeria

I don't know if anyone is relaying their signal, but Nigeria had a pretty good signal here in Puget Sound country of western washington.

15.120 Mhz 19:49 V. of Nigeria, ikorodu in english with a woman speaking and some music.

All life all holiness come from you O Lord
http://pwp.surfglobal.net/mjmiller/index.htm

Old March 18th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Nope, no relay. External service, targeting Europe. Transmitter is in
Ikorodu, Nigeria. 250 kW, according to ILG.

Old March 18th 06, 05:39 PM
Junior Member

Im on the east coast of north america in nova scotia canada,and there signal booms in here every afternoon it seems without fail,although sometimes there audio can be pooor!

Last edited by rayneeny : March 18th 06 at 05:41 PM
Old March 19th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxace1

Yes, Nigeria is one of the last good catches
from Africa on SW -- still direct, no relays.
Africa is one of the last places we can still
hear these domestic outlets as, one by one,
they have gone off the air -- I remember the
good old days trying to hear and verify each
of the regional SW transmitters in Nigeria, as
well as some separate non-NBC regionals.

Old March 19th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve

dxace1 wrote:
Yes, Nigeria is one of the last good catches
from Africa on SW -- still direct, no relays.
Africa is one of the last places we can still
hear these domestic outlets as, one by one,
they have gone off the air -- I remember the
good old days trying to hear and verify each
of the regional SW transmitters in Nigeria, as
well as some separate non-NBC regionals.

Ghana on 4915 khz is also a good one.

Old March 19th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

dxace1 wrote:

Yes, Nigeria is one of the last good catches
from Africa on SW -- still direct, no relays.
Africa is one of the last places we can still
hear these domestic outlets as, one by one,
they have gone off the air -- I remember the
good old days trying to hear and verify each
of the regional SW transmitters in Nigeria, as
well as some separate non-NBC regionals.

I've QSL's here from Radio Nigeria, FRCN Kaduna, Plateau Broadcasting Corp.,
FRCN Enugu, and FRCN Ibadan and maybe one more on a card that I just don't feel
like digging for today. :-)

dxAce(2)
Michigan
USA

Old March 19th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Mauritania on 4845 kHz is a reliable one. No English service, but some
really interesting music at times.

junius

Steve wrote:
dxace1 wrote:
Yes, Nigeria is one of the last good catches
from Africa on SW -- still direct, no relays.
Africa is one of the last places we can still
hear these domestic outlets as, one by one,
they have gone off the air -- I remember the
good old days trying to hear and verify each
of the regional SW transmitters in Nigeria, as
well as some separate non-NBC regionals.

Ghana on 4915 khz is also a good one.

Voice of Nigeria [email protected] Shortwave 0 April 17th 05 07:06 PM
Radio Nigeria Kaduna dxAce Shortwave 3 January 26th 05 05:26 PM
Radio Nigeria, Ibadan dxAce Shortwave 7 December 10th 04 09:56 PM
Nigeria 17800 dxAce Shortwave 3 July 12th 04 02:21 AM
7.255 MHZ Nigeria ?? Frank Halaburak Shortwave 2 January 23rd 04 02:24 AM