Old March 22nd 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
researcher

Default Does the quality of earphones matter

I fall asleep listening to the radio with in the ear earphones. It is
an inexpensive portable radio with a course speaker. Will good
earplugs improve the sound. Any suggestions under $50

Old March 22nd 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 21 Mar 2006 20:15:02 -0800, "researcher"
wrote:

I fall asleep listening to the radio with in the ear earphones. It is
an inexpensive portable radio with a course speaker. Will good
earplugs improve the sound. Any suggestions under $50

Get a pillow speaker.

Old March 22nd 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ACS

wrote:

I fall asleep listening to the radio with in the ear earphones. It is
an inexpensive portable radio with a course speaker. Will good
earplugs improve the sound. Any suggestions under $50

Get a pillow speaker.

I can suggest some $10 headphones that I probably wouldn't wanna fall
asleep on, but they are over the ear phones with seperate volume for
each channel, a stereo/mono switch, and great SW radio listening
quality.

The minuses are they seem to be built for the head of a child but they
can be bent a tad fo fit bigger heads.

I stumbled across these at http://www.allelectronics.com

Old March 23rd 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

wrote:

I fall asleep listening to the radio with in the ear earphones. It is
an inexpensive portable radio with a course speaker. Will good
earplugs improve the sound. Any suggestions under $50

Get a pillow speaker.

C.Crane's web site has a number of pillow speakers.

And if you want to lose your hearing, keep going to sleep with 'buds
in your ear canals all night long :-)

bob
k5qwg