Old March 25th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Does the quality of earphones matter

You can get pillow speakers at Target stores, and probably also at the
usual-suspect electronics stores in the U.S., Radio Shack, Best Buy, Hi-Fi
Buys, Circuit City, etc. YOu can probably even get them, probably even
slightly better ones, from places like C. Crane, Universal Radio, and Grove
Enterprises.

I live alone, so it doesn't matter if the radio is sitting on the table
beside the bed playing through its own speaker system. I pretty much keep
something on and playing all the time when I'm at home, either a radio of
some sort, or the TV tuned to one of the better news, information,
scientific, or historical content channels among the digital cable channels.
If it is the TV that is on, the sound is also brought into the bedroom via
a pair of Advent powered speakers connected to the stereo receiver in the
living room via the wireless FM transmitter that was part of the Advent
speaker system.

I usually listen to different radios, one for a while, then roatate it out
in favor of another to have the spot on the bedside table. The one there at
the moment is the Panasonic RFB-600. My bedside radio can not be an HF-only
model, it must be cable of at least receiving the local FM offerings as
well.

Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA USA
Email: Phone: 1-404-814-0768