Old March 26th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Terry Palmersheim

Default FA: AOR AR-7030 Receiver w/ options

See it he
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-...33307 &lk=URL

Need the cash for an Icom IC-7000 HF rig.

Old March 26th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Not a bad deal. All it lacks is the optical encoder of the plus series.

Old March 26th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
toTaLhAt

Terry Palmersheim wrote:
See it he
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-...33307 &lk=URL

Need the cash for an Icom IC-7000 HF rig.

Blurry pic - Remote could use a good cleaning Yikes.
Old March 26th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

toTaLhAt wrote:

Blurry pic - Remote could use a good cleaning Yikes.

If it were posed with a red velvet drape and a 'cleansed' remote, the
price would be at least three times higher.

mike
Old March 26th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Those little bitty radios.I never could see how they could be much of
any good.I like big radios.
cuhulin

Old March 26th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini

Dear Cuhulin,

Ha! You've obviously never tried one of these AOR AR7030s. I own a
"Plus" version which also has several additional factory options. In
almost fifty years of shortwave listening, this is positively the
finest radio - in terms of construction, performance, and sound quality
- I have ever seen, much less owned.

It may be small (it weighs less than five pounds) but its performance
is positively amazing. Combine it with a good external antenna, of any
type, and you have a DX machine which ranks right up there with the
best. And that's no kidding!

Note that it is now in its eleventh year of manufacture; there are few,
if any, shortwave radios that have had this kind of longevity. That
alone ought to tell you something!

Best,

Joe

P.S. I hope you don't take this post as a criticism of you personally.
I want you to know that I read your posts and have a great deal of
respect for many of your opinions. Just not this one!!! ;-)

Old March 26th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Joe Joe,you haven't convenced me.I need to go see what that divorced
thirty somethin year old woman in petal,Mississippi is squawkin about
now.
cuhulin