Old March 31st 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is iboc

part of U.S.federal government's plan to destroy Analog Radio?
google that if y'all want to.
I say it IS part of fed govts plan.

A couple of weeks ago,someone in another news group said the reason for
digital radio broadcasting is to free up more space for cops and
Firefighters.
Is that true?
cuhulin

Old March 31st 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:11:20 -0800, "Verstaldin"
wrote:

I can tell you that here in Edmonds, Washington, there are cell towers everywhere, and they cause a constant interference on the "police" frequencies in the 800 mhz band. I read in the past where they were thinking of relocating the police bands below where they are now to avoid the interference. If you are having a stroke and your life depends on the communications, you don't want to wait because the dispatchers and mobile units could not communicate ...

Nextel is the service that brutalizes Public Service communications.

Old March 31st 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I am all for letting the cops and Firefighters and Emergency people and
of course our U.S.Military personell having whatever frequencies they
need.
cuhulin

IBOC Mark Roberts Broadcasting 0 February 3rd 06 02:08 PM
Here is "Why" I am 'skeptical' about DRM and IBOC RHF Shortwave 25 January 16th 05 09:00 PM
IBOC interference complaint - advice? WBRW Broadcasting 11 February 11th 04 01:08 AM
The AM IBOC mess is yet to begin... WBRW Broadcasting 1 January 23rd 04 03:29 PM