Old April 4th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

Default ATTENTION: The Bell + Howell World Band Radio

Hey that's an undocumented FEATURE. "Automatically tunes in to strongest
signal"

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
. com...
That's not fair. My B+H only picks up the local blowtorch! When I say
ONLY, I mean it! From one end of band1 to the other end of band 9...

"James Douglas" wrote in message
. ..
Joe Analssandrini wrote:
All right - for those of you who have procrastinated, here is the
GREATEST offer for the Bell + Howell World Band Radio I have ever

seen.

The company offering it is: MAKE LIFE EASIER, 19465 Brennan Avenue,
Ferris, CA 92599. Their telephone number is: 1-800-522-0227.

Currently they are offering two special coupons: (1) "ZCF" which is
worth $5.00 on any order of $30.00 or more, and (2) "ZCE" which offers
free shipping on any order of $20.00 or more. (Their normal $3.00
handling charge still applies.) Just mention these two coupons to the
operator.

Okay - now to the "meat" of this post.

"WORLD BAND RADIO"

"Tune into the world from home. And tune into home from faraway ...
with this portable nine-band world receiver from Bell + HowellT. It
picks up television audio as well. Expands your listening options with
FM/TV, AM/megawatt[*] and shortwave channels. A telescoping antenna
brings it all in, loud and clear. The compact, durable pastic housing
measures about 5" x 3" x 1"; features headphone and DC jacks plus

wrist
strap. Cordless operation: take it wherever you go. Runs on two AA
batteries, not included."

"Nine-Band AM/FM TV/Shortwave Radio #25-78181-6"

And what's its price?
NOT $4250.00 as for the Ten-Tec RX-340,
NOT $1799.00 as for the JRC NRD-545,
NOT $1489.00 as for the AOR AR7030 Plus,
NOT $569.95 as for the ICOM IC-R75,
NOT $499.00 as for the Eton E-1,
NOT $149.95 as for the Sony ICF-SW7600GR,
NOT EVEN $50.00 or thereabouts as for several Degen offerings, but

ONLY
---

$8.00 !!!

And if you order four of them ($32.00) you'll get $5.00 off with the
coupon above (brings cost down to $27.00) PLUS free shipping with the
other coupon above; adding in the $3.00 handling cost and the TOTAL
delivered price for FOUR (4) BELL + HOWELL World Band Radios is ONLY
$30.00! That's only $7.50 apiece!

Where else can you get such a fabulous DX machine at a price like

that?

I've heard the All India Radio, Radio Australia, Radio Cairo, Radio
Bulgaria, the BBC, and many, many others on mine -- how good are you
and what could YOU hear with yours?**

Remember these quotes from satisfied customers:

" ... the great Bell + Howell Radio ... " -Jim Hackett***

" I am not a crook." -Richard M. Nixon

"I am the President of Iraq." -Saddam Hussein

"No new taxes." -Jim Corzine

"There's a ... born every minute" -P.T. Barnum

Don't wait - get on the 'phone RIGHT NOW before these are all gone!

Remember, they make great gifts to give to people whom you want to

keep
out of our hobby.

"He who waits is lost."

Best,

Joe

*How many of YOUR radios receive AM/megawatt signals?

**Maybe we should have a DX contest limited to reception via the Bell

+
Howell Radio only.

***With apologies.

But wait, if you call today you can receive the radios with only $1.99
down and be billed monthly for the remaing amount,

That's a good idea to have some type of DX contest where the only radio
allowed is the B&H, any antenna OK, Dude get it started................

Old April 4th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

It's late for April fools day.