RadioBanter

-   -   source for replacement whip antennas? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/92835-source-replacement-whip-antennas.html)

Lisa Simpson April 15th 06 07:24 PM

source for replacement whip antennas?

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive source for replacement whip antennas? I
just picked up a Radio Shack RD-30 off ebay that has a broken whip, & I'd
like to replace it with one of those extra long ones. It has one of those
mounting screws at the base, so replacement should be simple w/o having to
remove the case etc . . .

ve3... April 15th 06 11:08 PM

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive source for replacement whip antennas? I

************************************************** ************************
Last year I got a couple of replacement whips from Radio Shack for the
dx-398. They are long and quite inexpensive.They may have different
mounting sizes than your old whip but you could modify the base.

Lisa Simpson April 16th 06 03:10 PM

source for replacement whip antennas?

Well THAT posting was helpful . . .

wrote in message
I think David once posted a good website/online store that sells
replacement radio antennas.I dont remember which website it is though.
cuhulin

David April 16th 06 03:39 PM

source for replacement whip antennas?

http://www.russellind.com/Russell/Antennas/main.htm

http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/amfm.htm

m II April 16th 06 04:05 PM

Lisa Simpson wrote:

Well THAT posting was helpful . . .

It's just the kind of guy he is...

mike

[email protected] April 16th 06 06:30 PM

source for replacement whip antennas?

But David's was more helpful than mine,,, was it noo?
cuhulin

[email protected] April 16th 06 06:33 PM

source for replacement whip antennas?

I always try to be ''helpful'' to them wimmins.I just can't help meself.
cuhulin

Lisa Simpson April 16th 06 07:29 PM

source for replacement whip antennas?

Seems ya just like to hear yourself talk; 16 posts, 13 from you; anything
really useful in the batch?