Old April 15th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Default source for replacement whip antennas?

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive source for replacement whip antennas? I
just picked up a Radio Shack RD-30 off ebay that has a broken whip, & I'd
like to replace it with one of those extra long ones. It has one of those
mounting screws at the base, so replacement should be simple w/o having to
remove the case etc . . .

Old April 15th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ve3...

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive source for replacement whip antennas? I

************************************************** ************************
Last year I got a couple of replacement whips from Radio Shack for the
dx-398. They are long and quite inexpensive.They may have different
mounting sizes than your old whip but you could modify the base.

Old April 16th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Well THAT posting was helpful . . .

wrote in message
I think David once posted a good website/online store that sells
replacement radio antennas.I dont remember which website it is though.
cuhulin

Old April 16th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

http://www.russellind.com/Russell/Antennas/main.htm

http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/amfm.htm

Old April 16th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Lisa Simpson wrote:

Well THAT posting was helpful . . .

It's just the kind of guy he is...

mike

Old April 16th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

But David's was more helpful than mine,,, was it noo?
cuhulin

Old April 16th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I always try to be ''helpful'' to them wimmins.I just can't help meself.
cuhulin

Old April 16th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Seems ya just like to hear yourself talk; 16 posts, 13 from you; anything
really useful in the batch?