RadioBanter

-   -   Heathkit mohican Shortwave Receiver (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/92868-heathkit-mohican-shortwave-receiver.html)

m II April 16th 06 05:59 AM

Heathkit mohican Shortwave Receiver

This eBay item has ADJUSTABLE tuning AND volume!

http://snipurl.com/p9eg

mike

David April 16th 06 01:46 PM

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 04:59:22 GMT, m II wrote:

This eBay item has ADJUSTABLE tuning AND volume!

http://snipurl.com/p9eg

mike

It's a kit, i.e. a crapshoot.

Steve April 16th 06 02:03 PM

Heathkit mohican Shortwave Receiver

This is actually a great find and a real collector's item. It's the
last of the Mohicans!

ve3... April 16th 06 02:40 PM

Heathkit mohican Shortwave Receiver

How do you fix a crackly knob?

m II April 16th 06 03:47 PM

Heathkit mohican Shortwave Receiver

ve3... wrote:

How do you fix a crackly knob?

...and what about Steve's sense of humour?...

mike

[email protected] April 16th 06 07:03 PM

Heathkit mohican Shortwave Receiver

David,Realize it or not,but we are all ''kits'' ourselfs.
Sort of not too off topic,or whatever,go and read the two Irish articles
at todays, www.clarionledger.com
y'all have a Happy Easter now.
cuhulin

RHF April 16th 06 07:05 PM

Heathkit mohican Shortwave Receiver

Mike - Buyers Beware !
"The knobs are a little crackly." :o)

shortwave listening may be addictive ~ RHF

[email protected] April 16th 06 07:05 PM

Heathkit mohican Shortwave Receiver

Yerra,and I got your ''Mohican'' hangin right here.
cuhulin

[email protected] April 16th 06 07:07 PM

Heathkit mohican Shortwave Receiver

Me ''knob'' gets crackly sometimes.Ooooops.
cuhulin

RHF April 16th 06 07:36 PM

HeathKit "Mohican" Shortwave Receiver - Model GC-1A

Steve - The Last of the "Mohicans" - Kow-A-Bonga !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowabunga

Memories of the HeathKit GC-1A "Mohican" Shortwave Radio
that I built many years ago in my High School Electronics Class.
http://www.ea1jo.com/images/Gc-1a.jpg
http://www.qsl.net/kb7rgg/heath/products/radio/gc1a.jpg
http://www.heathkit-museum.com/ham/gc-1a.shtml
http://www.vintageradio.me.uk/military/mohican.htm
http://www.dundeecoll.ac.uk/sections...xt/Mohican.htm

Built-One - Owned-One - Loved It ! - Those Were The Days :o)

"The Last of the Mohicans" -by- James Fenimore Cooper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_of_the_Mohicans
http://www.americanliterature.com/LM/LMINDX.HTML
http://www.bibliomania.com/0/0/23/50/frameset.html
http://etext.virginia.edu/toc/modeng...c/CooMohi.html
SparkNotes : English : Literature Study Guide for :
"The Last of the Mohicans" -by- James Fenimore Cooper
TLOTM = http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/mohicans/
JFC = http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/mohicans/context.html
ALT : http://www.gradesaver.com/classicnotes/titles/mohicans/

and now you know ~ RHF