Old May 8th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Tech Help - simple things first

www.mindspring.com/~brucec/techhelp.htm

I have a G.E.Long Distance Radio.That is what it says on the
dial,anyway.It is sitting over there on the floor with some of my other
old radios,behind my old antique organ that has real Ivory keys on it,I
use it for a tv stand.The radio was made in the 1980's,I think.It has a
big speaker and tone controlls.I have too much junk stacked over there
right now to get to it to see what model it is.

It has an ON/OFF push button on top,but that push button quit working
years ago.(G.E.so-called ''quality control'') Maybe somebody will post a
website that has pictures of those G.E.Radios from the 1980's? It is a
large (sort of large) portable radio.I own many,many old G.E.transistor
and tube type radios,many other brand names of old transistor and tube
type radios.
cuhulin

Old May 8th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I knew right away it was a SuperAdio, because the switches break off -
long distance ? Of course, that is what it says, but it is all hype !

Isn't that right, Frank ?