Old May 15th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

Default Radio Japan bends my needle!

Lousy Radio Japan. They owe me a new signal strength meter. They are
blasting in here to San Jose so strong on 9505, I can pick them up on my
1103 with the whip collapsed. Who said propagation was "sucky"? Time
15:30

Old May 15th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Jim Hackett wrote:
Lousy Radio Japan. They owe me a new signal strength meter. They are
blasting in here to San Jose so strong on 9505, I can pick them up on my
1103 with the whip collapsed. Who said propagation was "sucky"? Time
15:30

At times on the east coast Radio Australia is so strong in the morning
that any cheap portable with the antanna collapsed will catch them.

Old May 15th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

It is like that here too with Radio Australia. Funny how some things are
equal across the coasts and others are not. I could probably count the
number of pirates I've heard in the last 5 years on one hand. Of course,
they're all from back there towards the east coast...

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Old May 15th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephanie Weil

I remember as a kid occasionally listening to Radio Australia during
the late nights/overnights. Good to know they're still around.

--
Stephanie Weil

Old May 16th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article .com,
"John S." wrote:

For me Radio Australia is one of those broadcasts that is an easy
catch, but still exciting when the distances are considered. And they
have some decent programming as well.

Jim Hackett wrote:
It is like that here too with Radio Australia. Funny how some things are
equal across the coasts and others are not. I could probably count the
number of pirates I've heard in the last 5 years on one hand. Of course,
they're all from back there towards the east coast...

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Hackett wrote:
Lousy Radio Japan. They owe me a new signal strength meter. They are
blasting in here to San Jose so strong on 9505, I can pick them up on my
1103 with the whip collapsed. Who said propagation was "sucky"?

Time
15:30

At times on the east coast Radio Australia is so strong in the morning
that any cheap portable with the antanna collapsed will catch them.

Australia can be easy or hard depending on time of day and frequency.

My location on the west coast usually means Radio Japan has a very good
signal unless the propagation is kinda um... sucky.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old May 16th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What I find interesting about Radio Australia (really ABC, right?) is
how similar their news is to that in the US. Only the names are
different. We had MZM and the Duke-stir, and they spent months talking
about AWB.

Telamon wrote:

Jim Hackett wrote:
It is like that here too with Radio Australia. Funny how some things are
equal across the coasts and others are not. I could probably count the
number of pirates I've heard in the last 5 years on one hand. Of course,
they're all from back there towards the east coast...

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Old May 16th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Erik Kusta

I remember many years ago hearing Radio Japan in Spanish for Central
America. The strongest signal I have ever heard from Nippon Hoso Kyokai. I
did some monitoring work for them at one time. One Christmas Day, I
received a Mikimoto tie tack from them.

om...

Old May 16th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxace1

Yes, but no longer directly from Japan -- all relays....not
like the old days when hearing the signal directly from
Japan was a real pleasure...

Old May 16th 06, 10:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article . com,
"dxace1" wrote:

Yes, but no longer directly from Japan -- all relays....not
like the old days when hearing the signal directly from
Japan was a real pleasure...

I there might be a relay of Japan but it is direct whenever I check it
on the schedule. Maybe you are thinking of Taiwan. You can get it direct
or relayed from Canada depending when you listen.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 16th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

dxace1 wrote:

Yes, but no longer directly from Japan -- all relays....not
like the old days when hearing the signal directly from
Japan was a real pleasure...

I can hear their broadcast direct here in English on 9695 and 11730 at 1130,
though the relay on 6120 is much better.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1415 ­ September 24, 2004 Radionews General 0 September 24th 04 05:53 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews Shortwave 0 June 25th 04 07:32 PM