Old May 25th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave
davefr

Default Zenith Transoceanic 7000 - Back cover pops out from battery weight - Any good fix??

5/24 Followup:

I had to buy a bulk quantity of push/pull panel fasteners even though
I only needed one for my radio. The female sockets are identical to
Zenith OEM in fit and appearance.

The male portion of the pin has a slightly smaller head but works
perfect. (you can also use an original male pin in the new female
socket).

If anyone needs these email davefr at gmail.com. I'll be glad to
supply some of my surplus to others that are in need.
$3.00/ea or 2 for $5.00. (add $1 for freight for US)

These are them:

http://www.southco.com/product/class.aspx?cid=7522

On Sun, 07 May 2006 17:53:16 -0700, davefr wrote:

I have a real "minty" Zenith 7000 Shortwave radio. The back cover is
held on by a push pin in the middle of the cover. You push in the pin
and it expands the surrounding prongs and it holds the cover in place.

Well, plastics back then got pretty brittle and I only have 1 of the
four little prongs left on back of the cover. It's not enough the
hold it closed and the upper batterys tend to want to push the back
cover open.

I'm sure there are plenty of workarounds but I'm looking for a method
that doesn't require hacking, drilling, or kludging.

I'm sure I'm not the first with this issue. Does anyone have any
creative solutions that can leaves this radio in close to mint
condition???

Any source of these push pins by chance??

TIA