Old June 4th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO

Default 3215 audio check

I ran across 3215 the other night on my portable and Alex Jones was
quite distorted. I think one of those very late night Christian
gloom&doomers that I like to listen to was also quite distorted on same
freq.

Sounds like overmodulation kinda distortion that would produce
splatter, or could it be some kind of distortion related to fading???
I haven't a decent radio since I foolishly sold my R8B - the wife has
these misguided notions that paying bills on time & feeding the kids is
more important than SWL.

Radio is a DE1103. Haven't checked it out on the R75 - but is
unmodified, so it's gonna be distorted anyway. I think Kiwa has some
mods for 1103 audio distortion so I think it could be radio.

If I were to get on 75m with that kinda audio they would tell me to
stick to the telephone.

NEO

Old June 5th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article .com,
"N9NEO" wrote:

I ran across 3215 the other night on my portable and Alex Jones was
quite distorted. I think one of those very late night Christian
gloom&doomers that I like to listen to was also quite distorted on
same freq.

Sounds like overmodulation kinda distortion that would produce
splatter, or could it be some kind of distortion related to fading???
I haven't a decent radio since I foolishly sold my R8B - the wife has
these misguided notions that paying bills on time & feeding the kids
is more important than SWL.

Radio is a DE1103. Haven't checked it out on the R75 - but is
unmodified, so it's gonna be distorted anyway. I think Kiwa has some
mods for 1103 audio distortion so I think it could be radio.

If I were to get on 75m with that kinda audio they would tell me to
stick to the telephone.

Some programs on WWCR have crappie audio. I don't know where along the
line from production to transmitter input things go bad but it happens
all the time.

You should be able to pick up other major SW stations with good audio
reproduction and know whether the DE1103 has a problem or not. If other
stations sound good then the problem is not your receiver.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 5th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO

Ok, Fine, I think you are right and WWCR has some prob with their audio
chain. I'll fish around around some more.

regards,
NEO