Old June 5th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

Default With-Respect-To : IBOC AM Radio -vice- AM Radio DXing

"grape de-stemmer #8" wrote in message
groups.com...

Interesting comments, however I really couldn't care as
most of the programming on AM radio here is either:

1) Reactionary "Talk Radio" with all it's forms of political bullshi+

Hey, that's where many of rrs's political posters get their talking points!

2) Spanish speaking stations what play that marichi-band or similar
annoying music 24/7 and use reverb/echo boxes for speech.

We have some very good music on our Spanish speaking stations. The
Caribbean big band music is often excellent. I love the musical remakes of
US fifties rock such as Spanish Rockabilly. I heard a Spanish version of
the old song "Silhoutte" which was delightful.

3) Religious stations what have programming ranging from the 2nd
AME Church of the Obese Singing Welfare Queens to Brother
Stair who comes on at 2 AM with his unique brand of bile.

OK, SW radio tops AM for religious entertainment.

They can have their HD Radio. It's all the same bullcrap that's now
sent to you via "Digital Hi-Fidelity" which is an 1st order oximoron.

The only POSSIBLE BRIGHT SPOT on the AM radio dial is he
http://beradio.com/fcc/radio_fcc_considers_lowpower/

Even if low power AM happens, the new owners will still have to do
something -- something cheap -- for programming.

Frank Dresser