Old June 8th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Default newbie needs help erecting an antenna near Youngstown, Ohio

Verstaldin wrote:

You don't need more than 30 to 50 feet of wire; simply connect to your

Please don't post in HTML in a newsgroup.. It's just bad manners. Thank you.

mike
Old June 9th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Verstaldin wrote:

What part of the topic at hand does your comment refer to ?

Hi. Not part of the topic but the type of posting. The message was
posted, probably by accident, in the same format as a web page is made
in. Traditionally, newsgroups and Usenet have used plain text (ASCII)
instead of Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) for the postings. The HTML
format shows up as garbage on real newsgroup agents (readers).

Your HTML posting shows up as the following. There are no such problems
with plain text.

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"
META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=3DGENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff
DIVYou don't need more than 30 to 50 feet of wire; simply connect to =
your=20
antenna input if there is one, or connect to the included antenna with =
an=20
alligator clip.For a ground, connect the same kind of wire to =
a metal cold=20
water pipe, or if possible, push a coat hanger intot he ground to about =
a foot=20
of the end, and scrape a spot bare, and attach your ground wire and =
attach the=20
other end to a ground terminal on your radio if there is one. As =
for wire,=20
multistrand insulated wire is fine. I say multistrand insulated so it it =
is=20
strong and so it is somewhat protected from the elements and from =
contact with=20
power lines etc. If you can sling it into a tree or other high =
projection, that=20
will help. In most cases you won't need more than 30 to 50 feet - for =
stations=20
like BBC, BBC, Radio France, Brazil, Radio Nederland or Radio Deutsche =
Well you=20
should have no difficulty receiving them unless listening conditions get =
very=20
poor. We are in a period of few sunspots which means signals don't =
travel well=20
because the upper atmosphere is not made very reflective, so you may =
encounter=20
periods when reception is rather poor. But on the east coast, you should =
have=20
better reception than we do here in the Seattle are. Happy Listening ! I =
hope=20
that helps. mm/DIV

DIV
PFONT face=3DArial size=3D4IMG height=3D48=20
src=3D"cid:002501c68aa2$88021250$1db80543@casey" width=3D64 =
border=3D0  =20
BRWe are as light upon the waters +BR/FONT A=20
href=3D"http://pwp.surfglobal.net/mjmiller/index.htn"Brio/A/P/DIV
BLOCKQUOTE=20
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"
DIV"JDL" <A =
/A>=20
wrote in message A=20
=
" news:1149729088_4665@s=
p6iad.superfeed.net/A.../DIVI=20
live in a small town north of Youngstown.  I have a Sangean 505 =
(has=20
BRsideband) also a 622 Sangean (just receivers, no transceivers --=20
yet).  The BRreception with the built in antenna isn't very =
good. =20
I want to erect some BRsort of wire loop antenna, but don't know =
what kind=20
of wire, what sort of BRgrounding, length, etc. to use.  I =
mainly want=20
to listen to shortwave BRbroadcasts like VOA, BBC, but also private =
hams on=20
the sideband.  I can buy BRsomeone dinner (and pay for all =
materials),=20
if they help me out erecting an BRantenna.  I went to Radio =
Shack but=20
they were ignorant about shortwave=20
BRstuff.BRBRThanks,BRJustinBRBR----=3D=3D Posted via =
Newsfeeds.Com -=20
Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News=3D=3D----BRA=20
href=3D"http://www.newsfeeds.com"http://www.newsfeeds.com/A The #1 =
Newsgroup=20
Service in the World! 120,000+ NewsgroupsBR----=3D East and =
West-Coast Server=20
Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =
=3D----/BLOCKQUOTE/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_001_002B_01C68A67.DBA33A50--

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C68A67.DBA33A50

I Want Another Antenna Lenny Shortwave 4 January 23rd 06 10:12 PM
Question is 'it' a Longwire {Random Wire} Antenna -or- Inverted "L" Antenna ? RHF Shortwave 5 November 6th 05 04:52 AM
On Topic [email protected] Shortwave 5 November 2nd 05 10:35 AM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 03:01 PM
Outdoor Antenna and lack of intermod Soliloquy Scanner 11 October 11th 03 01:36 AM