RadioBanter

-   -   FS: Kenwood R-2000 $185 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/96320-fs-kenwood-r-2000-%24185.html)

mike maghakian June 11th 06 02:22 AM

FS: Kenwood R-2000 $185

I have a receiver for sale that would be a good deal for someone on a
budget.
you get an R-2000 that works fine but the cosmetics are only OK and the 1, 2
and 7 memory keys are loose and need to be secured somehow. they DO work.
I will also throw in 100 feet of antenna wire.
and A speaker if you wish although the internal speaker is not at all bad,
I can also throw in some other goodies, I have too many to list and will
give a list of free choices to the buyer.

dxAce June 11th 06 05:22 AM

FS: Kenwood R-2000 $185

mike maghakian wrote:

I have a receiver for sale that would be a good deal for someone on a
budget.

Hey, did you ever sell the R7?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

mike maghakian June 11th 06 05:36 AM

FS: Kenwood R-2000 $185

no, but if a 2010 can sell for $700 and an SPR-4 for $600 and a CRF-330K for
$2800 then a mint R7 with special upgrades and speaker is worth $1795 or I
keep it.

dxAce June 11th 06 05:40 AM

FS: Kenwood R-2000 $185

mike maghakian wrote:

no, but if a 2010 can sell for $700 and an SPR-4 for $600 and a CRF-330K for
$2800 then a mint R7 with special upgrades and speaker is worth $1795 or I
keep it.

An R7 is worth maybe $1200 or so at todays prices... some variation of course is
allowed.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] June 11th 06 06:10 AM

FS: Kenwood R-2000 $185

Is there some kind of a book which describes Shortwave Radios by the
brand names and models and years and how much they are worth? Similar to
a Brown's Camera book for looking up the value of older model cameras.A
''Kelly's Blue Book" as it were.
cuhulin

m II June 12th 06 04:27 AM

FS: Kenwood R-2000 $185

mike maghakian wrote:

I have a receiver for sale that would be a good deal for someone on a
budget.
you get an R-2000 that works fine but the cosmetics are only OK and the 1, 2
and 7 memory keys are loose and need to be secured somehow. they DO work.
I will also throw in 100 feet of antenna wire.
and A speaker if you wish although the internal speaker is not at all bad,
I can also throw in some other goodies, I have too many to list and will
give a list of free choices to the buyer.

It has a faithful following. If I didn't already have one I would buy it
without a second thought.

http://www.qsl.net/kc7bum/directory.html

mike

dxAce June 12th 06 12:19 PM

FS: Kenwood R-2000 $185

mike maghakian wrote:

the FACTS do NOT support your view. the past three R7's have gone for $1500
on ebay

So... you're saying the speaker is worth $300?

mike maghakian June 14th 06 01:44 AM

Kenwood R-2000 $185

the memory buttons have now been fixed so at $185 this is a really nice
beginner receiver

. ..