Old June 11th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mike maghakian

Default FS: Kenwood R-2000 $185

I have a receiver for sale that would be a good deal for someone on a
budget.
you get an R-2000 that works fine but the cosmetics are only OK and the 1, 2
and 7 memory keys are loose and need to be secured somehow. they DO work.
I will also throw in 100 feet of antenna wire.
and A speaker if you wish although the internal speaker is not at all bad,
I can also throw in some other goodies, I have too many to list and will
give a list of free choices to the buyer.

Old June 11th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

mike maghakian wrote:

I have a receiver for sale that would be a good deal for someone on a
budget.

Hey, did you ever sell the R7?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 11th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mike maghakian

no, but if a 2010 can sell for $700 and an SPR-4 for $600 and a CRF-330K for
$2800 then a mint R7 with special upgrades and speaker is worth $1795 or I
keep it.

Old June 11th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

mike maghakian wrote:

no, but if a 2010 can sell for $700 and an SPR-4 for $600 and a CRF-330K for
$2800 then a mint R7 with special upgrades and speaker is worth $1795 or I
keep it.

An R7 is worth maybe $1200 or so at todays prices... some variation of course is
allowed.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 11th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Is there some kind of a book which describes Shortwave Radios by the
brand names and models and years and how much they are worth? Similar to
a Brown's Camera book for looking up the value of older model cameras.A
''Kelly's Blue Book" as it were.
cuhulin

Old June 12th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

mike maghakian wrote:

I have a receiver for sale that would be a good deal for someone on a
budget.
you get an R-2000 that works fine but the cosmetics are only OK and the 1, 2
and 7 memory keys are loose and need to be secured somehow. they DO work.
I will also throw in 100 feet of antenna wire.
and A speaker if you wish although the internal speaker is not at all bad,
I can also throw in some other goodies, I have too many to list and will
give a list of free choices to the buyer.

It has a faithful following. If I didn't already have one I would buy it
without a second thought.

http://www.qsl.net/kc7bum/directory.html

mike
Old June 12th 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

mike maghakian wrote:

the FACTS do NOT support your view. the past three R7's have gone for $1500
on ebay

So... you're saying the speaker is worth $300?

Old June 14th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mike maghakian

Default Kenwood R-2000 $185

the memory buttons have now been fixed so at $185 this is a really nice
beginner receiver

. ..

Kenwood 2000 LeoBlues Shortwave 13 April 28th 05 07:07 PM
Kenwood R-5000 (R5000) Receiver - Information and Resources RHF Shortwave 1 January 17th 05 01:03 PM
VT Communications B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 12th 04 07:14 PM
FS: Kenwood 2000 System Tim J. Neff Swap 0 October 29th 03 03:16 AM
WANT KENWOOD PAINT FOR TS 2000 K9ike Swap 1 October 8th 03 10:31 PM