RadioBanter

-   -   English broadcast of world cup (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/96356-english-broadcast-world-cup.html)

Tony June 11th 06 03:48 PM

English broadcast of world cup

Anyone knows of an English broadcast of the world cup on the shortwave?.

Mike Terry June 11th 06 04:28 PM

English broadcast of world cup

Nothing mentioned on the BBC World Service Website.

"Tony" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone knows of an English broadcast of the world cup on the shortwave?.

Mark Zenier June 11th 06 06:16 PM

"Tony" wrote in message
Anyone knows of an English broadcast of the world cup on the shortwave?.

In article ,
Mike Terry wrote:
Nothing mentioned on the BBC World Service Website.

Running in insomnia mode early this morning, (6/11 sometime around
11-14:00 UTC), I had 9740 (BBC East Asia) on. The new version of "Write
On",("Over to You"?), had a discussion of how they could cover the
World Cup. Given the type of rights they are allowed/have negotiated,
they are allowed to broadcast 90 Seconds per Match over the following
24 hours, and no archive rights.

IMHO, Broadcast rights for the World Cup are a mess. A very lucrative
mess for those involved, but it usually means that international
broadcasts lose out because the national rights for every country are
tied up in advance.

Mark Zenier

Simon Mason June 12th 06 04:39 PM

English broadcast of world cup

"Tony" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone knows of an English broadcast of the world cup on the shortwave?.

The commentators on BBC Radio 5 keep saying that All India Radio is carrying
their feed.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

[email protected] June 12th 06 05:01 PM

English broadcast of world cup

And last night,there was another cat sitting by the side of the road
across the street from me.I own two Litizt wire cage animal traps that I
bought at a Goodwill store years ago.Now,where diddy did did I put
those animal traps?
www.ingeb.org/songs/lorena.mid
cuhulin