Old June 11th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tony

Default English broadcast of world cup

Anyone knows of an English broadcast of the world cup on the shortwave?.

Old June 11th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike Terry

Nothing mentioned on the BBC World Service Website.

"Tony" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone knows of an English broadcast of the world cup on the shortwave?.

Old June 11th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

"Tony" wrote in message
Anyone knows of an English broadcast of the world cup on the shortwave?.

In article ,
Mike Terry wrote:
Nothing mentioned on the BBC World Service Website.

Running in insomnia mode early this morning, (6/11 sometime around
11-14:00 UTC), I had 9740 (BBC East Asia) on. The new version of "Write
On",("Over to You"?), had a discussion of how they could cover the
World Cup. Given the type of rights they are allowed/have negotiated,
they are allowed to broadcast 90 Seconds per Match over the following
24 hours, and no archive rights.

IMHO, Broadcast rights for the World Cup are a mess. A very lucrative
mess for those involved, but it usually means that international
broadcasts lose out because the national rights for every country are
tied up in advance.

Mark Zenier

Old June 12th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Simon Mason

"Tony" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone knows of an English broadcast of the world cup on the shortwave?.

The commentators on BBC Radio 5 keep saying that All India Radio is carrying
their feed.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old June 12th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

And last night,there was another cat sitting by the side of the road
across the street from me.I own two Litizt wire cage animal traps that I
bought at a Goodwill store years ago.Now,where diddy did did I put
those animal traps?
www.ingeb.org/songs/lorena.mid
cuhulin

'Voice of the Andes Airs Final English Broadcast on SW Mike Terry Shortwave 8 May 7th 06 04:30 AM
BBC Programs Heard on DC-area FM stations. Beloved Leader Shortwave 62 March 21st 06 03:12 AM
Bible Voice B04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 13th 04 10:03 PM
VT Communications B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 12th 04 07:14 PM
Radio World NewsBytes Weekly Digest lsmyer Shortwave 0 May 7th 04 05:30 PM