Old June 14th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Lightning Protection - "The Extra Step" - Un-Plugging the AC Power - Question : Do You ?

RHF wrote:
For One and All,

Lightning Protection - "The Extra Step" - Un-Plugging the AC Power
- - - Question : Do You ?

Robert [VA2ERY] - I believe that Chris is also Un-Pugging the Equipment

from their AC Power Sources : The Household AC Power System can be
the path of destruction for a 'very near'{Tree-in-the-Yard} Lightning
Hit.

Many Do Not 'un-plug' the AC Power Cord from their Equipment.

Some do 'un-plug' the AC Power Cord from the Wall Outlet.

Some will 'un-plug' the AC Power Cord from the Equipment.

Some may 'un-plug' the AC Power Strip (Surge Protector)
from the Wall Outlet.

Some simply 'Turn-Off' the AC Power Strip (Surge Protector).

Some go way beyond 'disconnect' the Antenna from the Equipment;
and will put a Shorting Plug / Wire across the Antenna Inputs of the
Equipment; plus they will Un-plug the Equipment from the AC Power.
{ Usually these Guys wear both a Belt and Suspenders :-}

WORST CASE SCENARIO :
-IF- Lightning Directly Hits your Shack and Fuses All the Equipment
and sets your House-on-Fire and the House Burns Down to the
Ground : While you are away on Vacation with your Family.
-Remember - You Are Still Alive and Your Family Is Safe [.]

FWIW - The Gralic always grows best around a well
watered Ground Rod or the Concrete Pier foundation
of a Radio Tower )

as aways i am un-plugged - cause - iane ~ RHF
.

/ \
.......!.......

RHF - I'm sorry, but you really need to get a life outside of SW...

Old June 14th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Hill

GOATSMITH wrote in message

RHF - I'm sorry, but you really need to get a life outside of SW...

There once was a man from Nantucket, Who kept all his ferrite in a bucket!
Ta! Da!

BH

Old June 14th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Brian Hill wrote:
GOATSMITH wrote in message

RHF - I'm sorry, but you really need to get a life outside of SW...

There once was a man from Nantucket, Who kept all his ferrite in a bucket!
Ta! Da!

BH

hey..this could lead somewhere..let's see...

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his ferrite in a bucket
and when the bright sparks in the sky
began to thunder and fly,
his radio, well..he'd unplug it.

mike
Old June 14th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Lightning Protection - "The ExtraStep" - Un-Plugging the AC P...

I am still lookng for a ferrite core girlfriend to date.
cuhulin