Old June 14th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Hill

Default Lightning Protection - "The Extra Step" - Un-Plugging the AC Power - Question : Do You ?

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Brian Hill wrote:
"bpnjensen" wrote in message
oups.com...
I do unplug the euipment when I am not using it. It is so simple, and
so worthwhile - and we don't even have many electrical storms around
these parts (which is a shame, because I love them)...

BJ

We have elec storms here that sound like WWIII. You have to hear and see
it to beleive it.

I get some pretty tasty storms here in Chicagoland, too. And some
wrath-of-God electricals. Last year, I had my ICE active splitter taken
out by a lightning strike about 3 miles from here--the second time in as
many years.

Now, I've got surge surpressors and arrestors on everything in the
building, but during some storms, they even recommend we take the building
offline until the storm has passed.

Generators sell briskly here.

Your not that far from me Pete. My buddy lives in Blue mound IL and I've
seen some good storms traveling through old IL.

BH

Old June 14th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus

Brian Hill wrote:
"bpnjensen" wrote in message
[...]

When I worked downstate, Blue Mound was in my ADI. That area took
some magnificent storms while I was there.

According to colleagues who still live there, it still does.

Lightning Protection - "The ExtraStep" - Un-Plugging the AC P... [email protected] Shortwave 0 June 13th 06 10:04 PM
Lightning Protection - "The ExtraStep" - Un-Plugging the AC Po... [email protected] Shortwave 0 June 13th 06 10:03 PM
Lightning Protection - "The ExtraStep" - Un-Plugging the AC Po... [email protected] Shortwave 0 June 13th 06 10:00 PM
Lightning Strike Dr. Artaud Shortwave 22 July 22nd 05 06:11 AM
Lightning protection question revisited Ron Antenna 3 September 17th 03 09:07 PM