Old June 16th 06, 08:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default GE AM/MW Radio "Long Range" and "High Sensitivity" {The GE Supe...

Cuhulin,

GE Superadio "I" and "II" Whip Antenna Question ?

Most likely you have a replacement Whip Antenna the
'original' Whip Antenna had a Black Plastic sleeve over
part of the Whip Antenna.

IIRC - Both the GE Superadio "I" Model # 7-2880 and the
GE Superadio "II" Model # 7-2885 had a Black Plastic
sleeve over part of the Whip Antenna.

The Six (6) Photo-Images of this GE AM FM Superadio "I"
{ Super Radio # 1 } Model 7-2880B give a good idea of what
the Radio and the Whip Antenna 'originally' looked like.
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ9740085519

FWIW - The GE Superadio "III" Model # 7-2887 simply has
a Longer Chrome Whip Antenna.

hope this helps ~ RHF
Old June 16th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My G.E.7-2880B AM FM radio has the original whip telescopic antanna on
it.I never changed out anything on the radio except that cheap no good
two bit piece of crap on off push button switch which quit working.There
ought to be a LAW agains't all push button switches.They never were any
good and they never will be any good either.Toggle Switches and Rotary
Switches are the BEST.
cuhulin