Old June 20th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default Why is South Korea unconcerned about North Korea missile launch?

I listened to KBS World Radio English tx at 0200 and there was scant
mention of North Korea's threat to launch an ICBM. It "led" the news,
but the "news" on it was mostly regurgitated AP wire news. Then the #2
story was the election of a new Prime Minister. The commentary that
followed, as well as the "Seoul Calling" current events program, was
concerned with the South Korean national soccer team's latest win in the
World Cup tournament.

Why is South Korea so unconcerned about the North's latest provocation?
Has the US cried wolf a little too often for the South to care? I guess
Seoul doesn't notice that Kim Jong Il is ever so g r a d u a l l y
pushing towards all out war. Kim wants a confrontation, so he can drop
nukes on the South and "reunify" Korea by force-under HIS rule. I don't
think that the South really believes that Kim would start a nuclear war.
But Kim is not rational.

His dad, Kim Il Sung, had at least some sense of the outside world, and
operated on some rational basis. He believed that he could quickly
overwhelm the South in 1950 before the US could react, and he almost
did. But he never tried it again, and he settled for an uneasy truce.

Kim Jong Il however is the hermit king, totally disconnected from
reality, eating steak every night while his people starve. He wants to
reunify Korea, and he's betting that if he can directly threaten the US
with nukes that the US won't come to the South's aid once he marches in.
South Korea is very small, a five minute nuclear bombardment would wipe
it off the map before the US could react. Seoul is only 40 miles from
the border.

Kim is betting that if the US nuked him that China would step in and
start a world war thus defeating the imperialist menace for the greater
glory of communism, which I suspect is Kim's ultimate goal. He's a win
at all costs guy, he doesn't care if the world is left as a blackened
cinder as long as capitalism is defeated.
Old June 20th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
an_old_friend

running dogg wrote:
I listened to KBS World Radio English tx at 0200 and there was scant

why aren't they worried ? beucause the nmissle test insure the
attention of the west on thier problems without adding to South Korea's
danger

Old June 20th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

running dogg wrote:
[...]

You have to be kidding. As long as Kim gets pre-teen pussy, he is
satisfied. Oh, and steak. and lobster...and the same for his friends.
He is quite happy to be king of his little fiefdom, and won't do
anything to threaten that.

It is like Saddam threatening the US. Oh, he made a threat or two, but
in no way would he attack the US since he knew he would no longer be in
power. That is why he cooperated with the weapons inspectors.

Old June 20th 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

RD - Four little letters 'icbm' ~ RHF

First - North Korea has had Missiles that
could hit all of South Korea for many years.

This newest North Korean Missile is designed
to Hit the West Coast of the USA {Canada} and
would have a tuff time zooming straight-up and
right back down again to hit South Korea.

Note - This same Missile in the hands of Iran
would mean that all of Europe would be in the
Iranian Nuclear Target Zone.

FWIW - When the North Koreans have a Missile
that will Hit Miami, FL then they will also be able
to Hit All of Europe too.

Rocket Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Man_(song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbv6...20Rocket%20Man
http://ringtones.starpulse.com/tonep...02&versionid=1

~ RHF
Old June 20th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDogg

The North Korea Crisis Explained
http://www.korealiberator.org/images...0Explained.jpg

http://freekorea.blogspot.com/2006/0...-of-grave.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13392803/site/newsweek/
http://www.dailynk.com/english/read....k00300&num=816
http://www.washingtontimes.com/world...5705-2657r.htm
http://www.korealiberator.org/2006/0...aunch-that-is-
the-question/

. ..

Old June 22nd 06, 06:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
JoanD'arcRoast

In article , running dogg
wrote:

Why is South Korea so unconcerned about the North's latest provocation?

snip

Because North Korea isn't interested in *using* these missles. (Except
as bargaining chips against the west.)

They are very interested in *selling* them, however. (Pakistan and Iran
are already customers.)