RadioBanter

-   -   NPR (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/97051-npr.html)

[email protected] June 22nd 06 04:59 PM

NPR

Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

David June 22nd 06 05:40 PM

NPR

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:59:13 -0500, wrote:

Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

The FCC doesn't provide funding. The CPB provides matching funds.
The NTIA provides grants to improve facilities.

The stations can sell underwriting credits, which, while similar to
commercials, cannot directly solicit sales of a product of service.

[email protected] June 22nd 06 07:41 PM

NPR

wrote:
Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there. It's too fair in my
opinion as they don't challenge the neocon lies.

dxAce June 22nd 06 08:47 PM

NPR

Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there.

Fair and balanced? You're out of your sushi eating mind.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] June 22nd 06 08:51 PM

NPR

Perhaps I was partly mistaken.But anyway,some of their funding is being
cut.
I dont keep up with NPR/Mississippi Public Broadcasting.
www.etv.state.ms.us
cuhulin

RHF June 22nd 06 09:44 PM

[Fisking The Facts] : Miso sayeth - NPR Is The Only Fair And Balanced News Out There !

Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

[Fisking The Facts] : Miso sayeth -
NPR Is The Only Fair And Balanced News Out There !

* * * WARNING MEGA BIG LIBERAL LIE FOLLOWS * * *
"A Classic Piece Of Leftist Pathology" -in-the-style-of- Robert Fisk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fisk
http://www.robert-fisk.com/
"NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there. It's too
fair in my opinion as they don't challenge the neocon lies."
- - - sayeth Miso

Doh ! - NPR "Fair-and-Balanced" - NOT ! ~ RHF

At best NPR Discussion Program {Round Table} features :
1 - A Liberal -or- Better Yet Two Liberals Members.
2 - Plus a single Moderate Member.
3 - And the NPR Moderator a Flaming-Liberal
or may be a Liberal-Moderate.
THEY - All Praise the Liberal Point-of-View and often
Put-Down The Conservative View Point with disdain
and contempt.

NPR Individual Interviews feature an Interviewer who is
Liberal-Moderate talking to the Guest :
-IF- The Guest is a Liberal it usually is a Ra Ra
Oh Your Some Smart - Promotional Event.
-if- The Guest is a Conservative it usually is a
Why would you say or do that terrible thing -and-
Can you be that stupid? - Put-Down Session
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/.../20051114.html

fisking-the-facts - as i see them ~ RHF
+
About - "Fisking" {To Fisk The Facts} Setting Things Straight !
FISKING = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisking
+
+
+ +

Brian Hill June 22nd 06 09:59 PM

NPR

wrote in message

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there. It's too fair in my
opinion as they don't challenge the neocon lies.

Oh boy!

BH

[email protected] June 22nd 06 10:04 PM

[Fisking The Facts] : Miso sayeth - NPR Is The Only Fair AndBa...

Wellllll,whenever I think about it,I will watch Mississippi Roads and
Mississippi Outdoors programs and Paul Ott's tv programs on ETV.Most of
the times I forget.Do a search for, Paul Ott Listen to the Eagle

A few days ago,JT and Dave said (on their radio talk show) Paul Ott has
moved to Louisiana.
cuhulin

David June 22nd 06 10:21 PM

NPR

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:47:57 -0400, dxAce

Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there.

Fair and balanced? You're out of your sushi eating mind.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

For each of the three misperceptions, the study found enormous
differences between the viewers of Fox, who held the most
misperceptions, and NPR/PBS, who held the fewest by far. Eighty
percent of Fox viewers were found to hold at least one misperception,
compared to 23 percent of NPR/PBS consumers. All the other media fell
in between.

http://www.alternet.org/story/16892/

David June 22nd 06 10:27 PM

[Fisking The Facts] : Miso sayeth - NPR Is The Only Fair And Balanced News Out There !

On 22 Jun 2006 13:44:25 -0700, "RHF"

[...]

Give me a break. You don't even know what a Liberal is. Just another
dirty word you heard the neighborhood bully using.

And point me to a real Conservative. I dare ya. I double dog dare
ya.

MnMikew June 22nd 06 11:05 PM

NPR

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there.

BWHAHHAHAHA. I suppose you think Lake Wobegon is real to.

[email protected] June 22nd 06 11:17 PM

NPR

Do a search for Bonita Lakes Mississippi

Bonita Lakes is for real.Last time I had a misperception about something
was about two months ago at a Big Lots store.I bought a can of Susie Q
Chicken snd Dumplings.There was barely a teaspoon full of chicken in
those dumplings.
cuhulin

gravity June 22nd 06 11:57 PM

NPR

"MnMikew" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi

are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there.

BWHAHHAHAHA. I suppose you think Lake Wobegon is real to.

NPR is very good news. i always thought it had a liberal leaning, but that
doesn't bother me.

the NPR shows have good guests. trying to remember some names, Dixie
Chicks, Chuck Palahniuk. you won't find that on most American TV or radio.

i think Jackson Pollack is bad art, but a show on that is better than the
inanity on CBS/NBC/ABC.

Gravity

gravity June 22nd 06 11:58 PM

NPR

wrote in message
Do a search for Bonita Lakes Mississippi

Bonita Lakes is for real.Last time I had a misperception about something
was about two months ago at a Big Lots store.I bought a can of Susie Q
Chicken snd Dumplings.There was barely a teaspoon full of chicken in
those dumplings.
cuhulin

you might have to spring for some higher end dumplings. i don't think i'd
like them out of the can though.

Gravity

[email protected] June 23rd 06 01:13 AM

NPR

I can buy one of those $1.98 already cooked chickens under the hot
lights at the food store and just skip the dumplings.I am trying to
remember the title of that John Wayne movie and those people were
sitting at the rooming house dinner table.Something about chicken and
dumplings.McCahill,I think is the title of that movie,or Rooster
Cogburn.
cuhulin

Bob Miller June 23rd 06 01:53 AM

NPR

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:21:29 GMT, David wrote:

[...]

Didn't over 50% of the Foxie viewers think S. Hussein attacked us on
9/11? Some ridiculous figure...

bob
k5qwg

[email protected] June 23rd 06 03:44 AM

NPR

I dont watch those full time talking heads so-called tv programs.(if you
watch those nitwits,you get dumber and dumber and fox is just as dumb as
the rest of them) WLBT tv news will be on tv again,at 10:00 PM.I will
watch it and get my late evening local and and state news and,That's
Enough For Me,Brother!
cuhulin

[email protected] June 23rd 06 05:51 AM

NPR

Bob Miller wrote:
[...]

Yes, but they jury is still out. That is, does Fox News make you
stupid, or do stupid people watch Fox News?

RHF June 23rd 06 12:06 PM

(OT) : DaviD Asks - Point Me To A Real Conservative

DaviD asks - "And point me to a real Conservative.
I dare ya. I double dog dare ya."

DaviD - So you want the Name of a 'real' Conservative :
Two Words with a Letter in between - William F Buckley {Jr.} !
WFB = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_F_Buckley

ABOUT - CONSERVATIVE = CONSERVATISM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative
"Conservatism" is a Philosophy Defined -by- Edmund Burke
as - A Disposition To Preserve -and- An Ability To Improve.
* To a Conservative, the Goal-of-Change is less important
than the insistence that Change be Effected with a Respect
for The-Rule-of-Law and Traditions-of-a-Society.
* Conservatism is Tethered (Linked) to the Social Traditions
and Customs of a given Society, Ethnic Group or Nation -and-
therefore Conservatism cannot hold any single or universal
meaning across the World.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_conservatism
* Fiscal Conservatism is the Economic Philosophy of Prudence
in {Waistful} Government Spending and {Excessive} Debt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_conservatism
* Conservatives were the early founders of the Coservation Movement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_movement
-aka- Theodore_Roosevelt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Roosevelt

Dare Ya -and- Double Dog Dare Ya = Matched-and-I-Win !

RHF June 23rd 06 12:18 PM

NPR and Lake Wobegon + Garrison Keillor + A Prairie Home Companion

MnM - I have Walked-on-the-Waters of Lake Wobegon :o) ~ RHF

Lake Wobegon {Minnesota}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wobegon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wobegon%2C_Minnesota
- - - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anoka%2C_Minnesota
- - - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeport%2C_Minnesota

Garrison Keillor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrison_Keillor
Note the Radio Microphone in the Picture :o)

A Prairie Home Companion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Prairie_Home_Companion

RHF June 23rd 06 12:40 PM

NPR -vice John Wayne

Cuhulin - That would be Squint-Eyed Chicken and Dumplings
-cause- you had to 'squint' your Eyes to find a piece of . . .
Chicken in it :o) ~ RHF

The Movie was "True Grit"
[LaBoeuf sits down for supper at the Monarch Boarding House]
Monarch Boarder : Watch out for the Chicken and Dumplings.
They'll Hurt your Eyes.
LaBoeuf : How's That ?
Monarch Boarder : They'll Hurt your Eyes lookin' for the Chicken.
[he and other boarders laugh]
LaBoeuf : You Squirrel-Headed ***!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/fun...ng=UTF8#quotes
http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_s...ipt-wayne.html

Greg June 24th 06 02:49 AM

NPR

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Greg wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Greg wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in
Mississippi
are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens
next.JT
and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just
said,Beg
for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the
phrase.

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there.

Fair and balanced? You're out of your sushi eating mind.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You probably don't listen to NPR...

Wrong.

Try again.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Then I stand corrected. And all along I took you for a
SW-listening-only guy.

Oh no, I listen to NPR crap here most every night on WVGR 104.1 before they
carry
BBC World Service overnight.

And I'm listening to WLS 890 out of Chicago right now.

WVGR 104.1 was off for some reason when I got up this morning and there was
some
hip-hop rap crap on... I was curious as to what station it might be and by
golly
it was WZEE out of Madison, WI (A hotbed of dumbass Liberal thought
by-the-way)
about 125 miles from here.

We get some interesting VHF ducting effects going on over Lake Michigan
during the
summer.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Well, I think NPR crap is superior to the crap on commercial stations.

Greg

[email protected] June 24th 06 02:56 AM

NPR

Heck of a right radio good movie on the TNT channel right now.Even
better,it starts up again as soon as it's over.
cuhulin

Bob Miller June 24th 06 05:48 AM

NPR

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:24:50 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Lemmie guess, you heard that on Arianna Huffingtons blog?

No I heard it on Hardball and several other talking heads shows before
the invasion -- a lot of people were wondering why the Gallup and
other polls where showing over half the people in the country thinking
Sadham had attacked us on 9/11; Fox viewers were by far the most
gullible...

bob
k5qwg

SeeingEyeDogg June 25th 06 04:03 AM

[Fisking The Facts] : Miso sayeth - NPR Is The Only Fair And Balanced News Out There !

"David" wrote

Doh ! - NPR "Fair-and-Balanced" - NOT ! ~ RHF

At best NPR Discussion Program {Round Table} features :
1 - A Liberal -or- Better Yet Two Liberals Members.
2 - Plus a single Moderate Member.
3 - And the NPR Moderator a Flaming-Liberal
or may be a Liberal-Moderate.
THEY - All Praise the Liberal Point-of-View and often
Put-Down The Conservative View Point with disdain
and contempt.

Just like China National Radio - public funded propaganda.

Give me a break. You don't even know what a Liberal is. Just another
dirty word you heard the neighborhood bully using.

A Liberal is a Communist who thinks he is a capitalist.

And point me to a real Conservative. I dare ya. I double dog dare
ya.

You don't know what a Conservative is. Just another dirty word you heard
the neighborhood idiot using.

SeeingEyeDogg June 25th 06 04:13 AM

(OT) : DaviD Asks - Point Me To A Real Conservative

"David" wrote

The Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, elucidates on the
complaint against Americans. It is not only that the invaders are
American, it is that they are "Zionists." It would not be surprising
to learn from an anonymously cited American soldier that he can
understand why Saddam Hussein was needed to keep the Sunnis and the
Shiites from each others' throats.

A problem for American policymakers - for President Bush, ultimately -
is to cope with the postulates and decide how to proceed.

The "postulates" are clear - Cut-N-Run/Failure is not an option.
No matter what your Xinhua friends try to shove inside your feeble brain.
As for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, he will soon and suddenly find his position
untenable.
Stay tuned...

SeeingEyeDogg June 25th 06 04:15 AM

NPR

"David" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:41:33 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

And I'm listening to WLS 890 out of Chicago right now.

This explains a lot. Son of WABC.

Better get your Thales jammer warmed up then.

SeeingEyeDogg June 25th 06 04:16 AM

NPR

"Greg" wrote

My John Birch Society Minuteman dad loved NPR News.

Ironic.

Dis-information.

SeeingEyeDogg June 25th 06 05:13 AM

NPR

"David" wrote

http://www.discoverthenetwork.com/gr...asp?grpid=6914

who held the fewest by far. Eighty
percent of Fox viewers were found to hold at least one misperception,
compared to 23 percent of NPR/PBS consumers. All the other media fell
in between.

http://www.alternet.org/story/16892/

WOW!!! This is a classic piece of propaganda work. This story presents
"misperception" as if their position and only their position is fact. Sound
familiar? How about the Koran, the Bible, Mao's little Red book..
If you don't believe or know of "their" propaganda then you hold a
"misperception".
There is only one correct perception and that is the belief in Left-wing
propaganda as fact - Whoa.
No matter if the facts are unknown, unclear or unavailable. Their "facts"
are all that matters.

History is being rewritten before your very eyes, folks - Wake up and pay
attention!

Who is AlterNet?

77 Federal Street
San Francisco, CA 94107

Just another tax evading "Progressive" Socialist entity.

from http://www.alternet.org/about/

"The Challenge We Address"

"The right-wing media machine: Virtually everyone who has a stake in our
political future agrees that when compared to the radical conservatives and
the religious fundamentalists, the "PROGRESSIVE" sector lacks media
capacity. The scope of conservative media is vast, including Fox News,
Sinclair, major right-wing talk radio market penetration, many newspapers, a
fast-growing religious broadcasting system, and sophisticated use of the
Internet and new technologies. The ability of the right-wing media apparatus
to dominate public discourse is at the expense of liberal and progressive
values and represents a fundamental transformation in American politics.
This is what we are fighting against."

"The negative impact of right-wing media: Over the past two decades
conservative media has had a huge impact, and the results are disconcerting.
First, most conservative media uses an ideological propaganda model that
results in a more ignorant audience. One recent study showed that 80% of Fox
viewers got the facts all wrong about the war in Iraq. Not only did they
believe that Saddam Hussein had a chemical arsenal, they thought U.S. troops
had actually discovered it and they believed the 9/11 Commission had beyond
a doubt linked Hussein with al-Qaeda. Only 23% of the NPR/PBS audience held
these misconceptions, and the percentage was even lower among those who get
their news from the Internet."

"Building the "PROGRESSIVE" echo chamber:...""

More like a propaganda brainwashing chamber - bwaHAHAHA!

Profiles of a few AlterNet columnists http://www.alternet.org/columnists/

Norman Solomon:

Co-authored a 1961 book defending Fidel Castro's Communist revolution in
Cuba.
Was given the diaries of Che Guevara to publish by the Cuban dictatorship
itself.
Scheer and Tom Hayden co-founded Berkeley's Red Family - a commune of urban
guerrillas, which trained its members in the use of explosives and firearms
and called for the creation of "liberated zones" in the United States - a
liberation to be accomplished by force of arms. Dedicated to Maoist
principles, Red Family leaders adorned the walls of their headquarters with
portraits of such Communist heroes as Ho Chi Minh and North Korean dictator
Kim Il Sung, and Black Panther thug Huey Newton.
Chief defender of accused atomic spy Wen Ho Lee
Defended President Clinton's attacks on Iraq, but attributes George Bush's
2003 war on Iraq to "imperialist greed" . . . "Hussein is not the
aggressor - we [Americans] are."

Much more -
http://www.discoverthenetwork.com/in....asp?indid=938

Arianna Huffington:

Her mother Elli was active in the Communist-led Greek resistance movement
during World War II. Her journalist father Constantine edited the resistance
newspaper.
One of her college tutors was the Maoist economist Joan Robinson.

In 2000 Arianna Huffington was deeply involved in staging the "Shadow
Conventions" designed as media propaganda shows to undermine Republicans and
nudge Democrats farther to the left. These mock "conventions" were funded by
the "Shadow Government" organizations funded by George Soros and other
wealthy leftists.

Must read http://www.discoverthenetwork.com/in...asp?indid=2010

Just more pieces of the Left-wing/Liberal/"Progressive"/Socialist/Communist
propaganda network.

SeeingEyeDogg June 25th 06 05:47 AM

(OT) : DaviD Asks - Point Me To A Real Conservative

"Brenda Ann" puked

Ousting of a democratically elected leader?

On which planet are you living on?

David June 25th 06 03:52 PM

NPR

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 04:14:30 GMT, Bart Bailey wrote:

KCRW is a Santa Monica station, not San Diego.
http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine....IDNumber=28988

They come in full quieting and almost full scale here,
and provide a sometimes better alternative to KPBS
when they aren't simulcasting NPR.

Well I get KIOZ here but I wouldn't call it an L.A. station.

David June 25th 06 03:54 PM

(OT) : DaviD Asks - Point Me To A Real Conservative

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:29:54 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

"SeeingEyeDogg" wrote in message

"Brenda Ann" puked

Ousting of a democratically elected leader?

On which planet are you living on?

I was partially out of it, I had read Iraqi president.

Ceremonial position. Iran is ruled by a Grand Ayatollah.

gravity June 25th 06 05:30 PM

NPR

Well I get KIOZ here but I wouldn't call it an L.A. station.

I doubt I could care any less what you call anything.

he never called anything a San Diego station. he said local station and
around here.

por ejemplo, Tulsa is local (10 miles) but Oklahoma City (90 miles) is not.

an obvious exception is the tri cities area in Tennessee!

G.

David June 25th 06 06:50 PM

NPR

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:30:27 -0500, "gravity"
wrote:

Well I get KIOZ here but I wouldn't call it an L.A. station.

I doubt I could care any less what you call anything.

he never called anything a San Diego station. he said local station and
around here.

por ejemplo, Tulsa is local (10 miles) but Oklahoma City (90 miles) is not.

an obvious exception is the tri cities area in Tennessee!

G.

Wow. I didn't realize this called for hiring a lawyer.

gravity June 25th 06 07:33 PM

NPR

Wow. I didn't realize this called for hiring a lawyer.

my uncle is a lawyer, and my dad works for the senate. genetics? hehe.

[email protected] June 25th 06 07:49 PM

NPR

24 year old very sexy looking Ella next door is going to College,Lawyer
classes,crap.I HATE lawyers.But,I don't hate her because she is so
pretty.
cuhulin

[email protected] June 25th 06 07:49 PM

NPR

lawyers SUCK!
cuhulin

gravity June 25th 06 08:01 PM

NPR

wrote in message
24 year old very sexy looking Ella next door is going to College,Lawyer
classes,crap.I HATE lawyers.But,I don't hate her because she is so
pretty.
cuhulin

i've met some annoying women, but a body can make up for that weakness?

Gravity

gravity June 25th 06 08:01 PM

NPR

wrote in message
lawyers SUCK!

marry her. she could buy you a lot of ham gear?

Gravity

gravity June 25th 06 08:04 PM

NPR

wrote in message
lawyers SUCK!
cuhulin

my uncle is a tax lawyer, and my cousin is a prosecutor.

i don't like criminal law! though i paid $3000 for a lawyer once and it was
worth 10 times that.